Chapter Twelve.

When I woke up the next morning, I thought I was still in L.A.! I turned on my phone, and noticed a picture of my friends, Taylor Swift, and me. I smiled at the picture, and immediately made it my phone background. Dad came into my room.
"Rise and shine, Sleeping Beauties!" he yelled. "I have a surprise for you!"
Hayley, Kayla, Meghan, Taylor, and I put our clothes on and ran into the kitchen for breakfast. Mom had her apron on, which was covered in pancake batter.
"A famous band needs 'Mom's Famous Pancakes' for breakfast!" she exclaimed.
It is true that my mom makes the best pancakes in the world. After breakfast, Dad beckoned us to come outside.
"Close your eyes and follow the sound of my voice," he said.
We walked until Dad told us to stop. He made us open our eyes. All I saw was his old man cave.
"It's a building," Hayley said.
"But it isn't just a building."
"It's a cottage!" Kayla exclaimed.
"Come inside and you will find out."
I opened the door. Inside was a couch, a flat screen TV, a loft with couches and chairs, a little kitchen, and an area with a microphone, drum set, keyboard, and four cases.
"What is this?" we asked.
"This is your hang-out place!" Dad said. "You don't have to use the garage anymore!"
I picked up the cases. In one was a black acoustic guitar with white polka-dots. In another was an pink electric guitar with a paisley pattern. Then, I watched the others open their cases. Kayla opened her case and saw a bright blue electric guitar with the initials K.J. on it.
"Oh my gosh! I love it!" she shouted.
Meghan opened hers and found a purple electric bass.
"I have always wanted one just like this!" she exclaimed.
How could Dad have afford this? The music box factory is about ready to close its doors forever, and he doesn't have a job. Did Mom help him out?
"How did you afford this, Dad?" I asked.
"Well, the music box company closed down a long time ago. I had a lot of money from that job. I made a lot more money when I started working at my own music store!"
"But where's A.J. going to practice?"
"Well, his band just broke up! A.J. also quit playing guitar."
I picked up my new guitar and started playing. The others joined in. Before I go, I must say something. The Music Angels are more than just a band. We are friends. After all, friendship is just like listening to your favorite song. Well, I must go. I think my band wants to start practicing!