Chapter Nine.

My band and I were packing our things for L.A.! I can't believe my dad is letting me go! Did you think I wasn't going to go? Wow, you're so negative if you didn't! Okay, so I packed up my pink electric guitar (the gray one is in the garage, the pink one is in bad condition!) and some clothes. We live in Northern California, so we have to stay in a hotel. Maybe we'd get lucky and we get to stay in the same hotel with Taylor Swift. Do you want to know something else? My dad's going! We got up at four o'clock in the morning. Hayley, Kayla, Meghan, and Taylor waited outside.
"We don't have a tour bus!" Taylor exclaimed. "How are we going to put your stuff in your mom's tiny little car?"
"I know a guy," I winked.
I pointed to my dad's RV that was out on our driveway.
"Oh my gosh!" everyone shouted.
"Is that yours?" Meghan asked.
"Of course it is, dummy!" Kayla shouted. "What did you think? They rented it? We've seen it before!"
"Oh, I've never seen it."
"Who's driving?" Hayley asked.
"It's my dad, duh!" I said. "Who else? My brother is taking his own smelly van!"
Dad honked the horn.
"Get in here! We're wasting daylight!" he yelled.
"It's still dark out here!" Hayley said with confusion.
The RV looks nothing like the one in Christmas Vacation, inside and out. It has six beds (tiny beds, but they're actual beds), a fancy bathroom, a flat screen TV, huge couches, and a high-end kitchen. It looks so modern in the RV. All my dad had to do to get this luxury on wheels is work at his little guitar and music box factory.
"This is amazing!" Taylor exclaimed.
"I think I'm asleep," Meghan said in wonder. "Someone pinch me!"
I saw A.J. and his band loading up in his smelly van. The odor of dirty socks, Axe cologne, and hormones was so strong, it could be smelled throughout the whole entire neighborhood!
"You jealous, Andrew Joseph?" I bragged. "Looks like we're the only ones going to L.A. in style!"
"Let's go," Dad said. "We're off to the YouTube-Discovered Musicians and Bands Contest!"
~*~
The morning started off by stopping at a disgusting diner for breakfast. When we got there, a bunch of waitresses were complaining about how "fancy" our clothes were. We sat down at a dirty table. Dad ordered biscuits and gravy and fried eggs, while my friends and I ordered pancakes. The food was good, but the place was dirty, and the waitresses wouldn't stop pinching Taylor's cheeks. We left after eating. We have a kitchen in the RV. I don't know why Dad couldn't fix us breakfast instead. The trip continued with my band practicing songs for the contest. We watched A.J.'s van pass us.
"You guys are stupid!" he yelled. "We have to ride in this--bleep!--van!"
Dad ignored. We saw many interesting things as we traveled. We passed through San Francisco, and we traveled on the Golden Gate Bridge. Then, we passed through forests of redwood trees. We passed the Hollywood sign, and then we made it to Los Angeles in the middle of the night. Dad got us a hotel room (which the people at YouTube gave us for free, since all the musicians, bands, and judges have to stay in this particular hotel), and we instantly fell asleep.