Chapter One.

Nothing in this house works out right. My older brother plays his guitar absolutely loud. He's an amateur, what do you expect?! My little sister bangs on the keyboard constantly. There are days I wish I was an only child. Hello. My name is Madison Carson. I play guitar and keyboard just like everyone else in this family. What makes me different is that I'm in a band! The band is consisted of four girls, that are my friends plus me. I'm the lead singer and the lead guitar player. My best friend, Hayley, is the keyboard player. My second best friend, Kayla, is the backup guitar player, Meghan is the bass player (we call her Meghan Trainor because she's all about that bass!), and Taylor is the drum player (we call her Taylor Swift!). Our band name is the Music Angels. Hayley and I came up with the name. We play at school a lot, and we have concerts in the summer. My older brother, A.J., is always trying to make me annoyed by practicing with his fake band, BROKEN SKULLS. He doesn't have a band, he only says he is! When it comes to my parents, they are nothing you would expect. My dad plays bass. He wanted the family to be musical. On the contrary, my mom wanted everyone to play sports and be prim and proper. My mom wanted A.J. to play tuba, be in choir, and play basketball. He did none of those things. Mom wanted me to play volleyball. I played volleyball for a team for only one hour, and the coach made me quit the team! The only thing I wanted to do in life was play guitar, but my mom wouldn't let me.
"Everyone at your school plays sports, Madison, so you need to be like everyone else!" she would say.
My mom pressured my little sister, Daisy, too much. She wanted her to do ballet and be a pageant princess on Toddlers and Tiaras! That's stupid isn't it? Daisy didn't want to do that, so she took piano lessons. My mom is so messed up!
~*~
My dad is the exact opposite of my mom. He wanted A.J. to teach at a music school. A.J. is a senior in high school and the music teacher thing never happened. Dad wants Daisy to be in the orchestra. His plans for me are the worst. He wants me to play guitar in coffee shops and out on the streets...without my band! My dream is to become a famous guitar player and singer.
"That's too complex!" my dad would say. "Take the simple route, Madison. That's what I did!"
I didn't care for that at all. The Music Angels have been around since my friends and I were in third grade. I'm in eighth grade now, so we have been around for six years. It started out when I took guitar lessons. Then Hayley, Kayla, Meghan, and Taylor started taking music lessons. We discovered our talents, and then we made a band. That's how it all began, and my dad isn't happy with it.