Chapter 34- So close but so far

Chapter 34

Date: July 18th

Location: Hospital in Melbourne, Australia

Time: 1:50 p.m.

“And can you tell me what happened again?” The doctor asked for what seemed like the millionth time with a pen and clipboard in hand.

“We were mugged, one of the men shot my friend and the other stabbed me.” I lied; while the lie was weak I really didn’t give a rat’s ass as to coming up with a plausible one at the moment.

“In the middle of the day?” He questioned.

“Yep.”

“And how did your hand get burnt?” Okay now we were really wasting time here.

“Look I could tell you what really happened but I think we both know that you shouldn’t really know. Now you can keep interrogating me or go to your other patients and still be able to go home after your shift.” At that his eyes bugged out. “Well?”

“Dr. Michaels I’ll take over.” A new voice said and I was relieved to see Kyle walk in wearing fake doctors clothing. The other doctor looked relieved to be able to leave and quickly scampered out.

After Iris and I had escaped, which seemed way to easy looking back on it, the nearest town was Melbourne. With our injuries there was no way I was making her wait to go back to the base so I took us to the nearest hospital, which in hindsight wasn’t really the smartest idea either.

We had gotten here around 3 yesterday and had our wounds treated. Iris was in the ICU and so far the doctors weren’t telling me a god damn thing about her condition, so what if I wasn’t blood related? I should know if my friend was on the verge of death or not.

While I had thought we were only locked up in Ian’s little hell hole for a day or two it turned out to be much longer than that. The people there did remove the bullet from Iris’ back but that was about all they did to help her. The wound got infected, and from what I had gathered from snooping around, had put her in a temporary coma.

I was going to kill Ian.

“So what really happened?” Kyle asked pulling up a chair next to my bed where I was chained to, yes chained.

I left in the middle of the night last night to check how Iris was doing and when they tried to take me back I refused and well, one thing led to another. My patience had really gone downhill these past couple of days.

“Ian’s working for Lockstar.” I grumbled out. “I guess we know next time a guy is interested in me he’s probably the bad guy.”

“That’s not true.” Kyle said.

“John, wasn’t Lockstar at first but then became Lockstar, Valentin, V.P of Lockstar, and Ian, Lockstar.” I counted off.

“Okay so you have a point, so Ian is working for Levi?” I nodded my head. “Was he the one that,” He drifted off and I nodded again and his look turned murderous. “I’m going to kill him.”

“Sorry buddy I got dibs.” I shifted up in my uncomfortable bed. “So how is Iris?”

“Alright, still unconscious but I found something.” He pulled out an x-ray and put it up on the board and turned on the light. I could see bones and muscles but that was about it.

“What am I supposed to be seeing?” I asked.

“That,” He points at something I couldn’t see from five feet away. “A tracking device that they put in you.”