Chapter 9

The first thing I did when I woke up was to look around with very confused eyes. How could I not? We got here in the early hours of the morning, and it was my first time being in Gemma's house. I did not recall it the easiest in my groggy, early self. After a few perplexed seconds was when I remembered where and why we were here.

I sat up, seeing Elise lying a foot away from me rather than cuddling up to me. That was usually how we got during the middle of the night; it was impossible to cuddle all night like that because sometimes a girl just had to lie alone for an hour or so.

I leaned over her shoulder and pressed a soft kiss to her cheek. I attempted to leave the bed without waking her up and was thoroughly surprised when she didn't wake from that. She usually woke up when I left our bed or was awake before me at times.

I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and ended up holding it between my teeth as I put my messy hair up. I spread the minty toothpaste around my teeth for another minute or two, and then I threw cold water on my face. Drowsiness did not fade away as I wanted it to from that action.

"Fuck," I mumbled under my breath. It had to be before eight in the morning.

"Natasha," the adorable, sleepy voice of my fiancée called out.

Grinning at the sound, I went back into the bedroom to find her sitting up and running her fingers through her tangled hair. I gave her a dreamy look.

"Hey, angel." I sat down beside her and cupped her cheek with one hand. I pulled her towards me in a hug, wanting to feel her body close to mine.

"You smell good," Elise said.

"Do I?"

She nodded and pecked my neck innocently.

"Why thank you."

"You're welcome."

"Do you want to get up now?" I rubbed her back and started to ease off the bed, thinking she would say yes.

"No, not really."

I broke the hug but stayed close, because she wouldn't let me get any further with the grip she still had around my shoulders. I didn't mind though, as I could see every fleck of honey in her eyes from up close.

"Why?" I asked softly.

"It's not like we have anything to do."

"You have a valid point, but aren't you hungry?"

Elise smiled and suggested, "Bring it in here."

"Elise, get your lazy ass up." I dropped my hands to her gips and snuck my thumbs under her shirt to rub her hipbones.

"Make me."

Accepting her challenge, I immediately dug my fingers into the most ticklish spot on her sides. I found it with a lot of practice. Her giggling and squirming lasted for two whole seconds until she gave up. Easy.

"Meet you in the kitchen," Elise said as she detached from me and went into the bathroom, dragging her feet along the way. She made everything in the morning look like such a horrible chore, and I found it adorable because she was never grumpy with me.

I raided the fridge, checked expiration dates, and started a large breakfast for everyone. I decided on making the classic, scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, and toast. No one could complain about that.

Elise wrapped her warm arms around my waist as I was at the stove and rested her chin on my shoulder, which meant she was a little bit on the tips of her toes. I laid an arm over hers as I moved the eggs around the skillet with the spatula.