Shock and Pacing

Jonah's POV

     My mind is blank as I make my way through the city, unable to even focus on where I'm going because my mind won't stop racing and taking me back to the moment where I opens my door.

     This is all too much for me.

     First I had to deal with all the shitty intrusive wolves from my home pack, all of them treating me as if I'm the monster and problem as if I'm the one makes people feel n welcomed in the town rhat they grew up in away from the abuse that they got as a child.

     I'm not even allowed to pick up my baby sister in peace.

     Then somehow I let Lily talk me into staying for dinner and now the two of us have made a promise to each other that I know will be broken, and a piece of trust between us along with it.

      Of course, to make it all worse, instead of just having a nice family dinner, mom had to bring up the one thing I stayed away from. The one thing that made me shut down and not want to visit more option. Because he did refactor why the rest of the pack did- see me as the villain and the bad guy and blame it all on me.

    Maybe talking to him about the pack would make it doffernt, make it better. But it would also make other things so much worse and I'm not selfish enough to start a war between my parents and the pack that they basically built from the grow up into what it is today out of selfishness.

    I'm a grown man that can handle a little back talk and scrutiny from people that I don't know or care about.

    But it hurts to get that same stare and the same vibe from my own mom.

     And of course, to make a bad day worse, I almost ran over a stranger in my hurry to get away, only to find out that the almost victim is my Hook. I almost ran over and hurt my fucking Hook. And the first thing he sees from me is. half crazed man with half dried tears in his face, racing to get away from home.

     I couldn't face him.

     Even with the smell of Sage and Rain in the air, sticking to my skin and hair, mocking me of running away, I can't bring myself to turn back around the face him, not when I'm like this.

    I feel frustrated tears prick my eyes as I make sure rhat I follow the traffic laws, now wanting to have to deal with actually hitting someone today, at least not with my truck. At first I don't even know where I'm going, only driving to get further and further away from the place that had changed from my sanctuary to the very reason for all the bad in my life.

    And it's selfish to say. Maybe even wrong to admit it.

    Even to myself it's only in the darkest parts of the night where even the flame created by my magic can't puncture the dark that I whisper the words that burn my akin and make my ache.

    Sometimes, I wish my parents never saved me.

     Because all it has done is caused pure undiluted pain between us all, and I know, deep down that it all began that night.

    When I finally start paying attention to where I am, I see that I'm headed into Hybrid territory where two sets of family live. At the stop sign I turn left instead of right, making a spilt second decision on who to see. When I pull up to their house, I park on the side of the street, grateful when I see that all the cars are there.

    I get out of my truck and lock the doors before I head up the driveway and knock on the door. I know everybody else in the family used the kick to announce their presence before they walk in, but lately, I haven't felt like I am apart of this family anymore like I once was. So instead, I wait patiently as I hear someone come towards the door to open it. When the door does get pulled open, I find Uncle Chan standing before me, his brown hair pushed back down his eyes and his hazel eyes look at me sadly.

     "I'm sorry." He tells me and I can feel my eyes beginning to tear up once more, glad rhat I knew this was the perfect place to go.

    He ushers me in the door before he closed it and the two of us make our way down the hallway towards the living room where I find Uncle Chris and Uncle Cassie sitting on the couch together, the three of them obviously having a cuddle fest before I came in and interrupted.

     "If you're busy, I can go.." I tell them genuinely, not knowing what to say to them now that I am here.

     "Tell us how it happened. We were waiting for you." Uncle Chan tells me and I sigh as I stand before them, feeling too restless to sit down as I start explaining what happened today, leaving out the part where the thing at the dance studio has been happening for years and not the few weeks I claimed.

     Once the story so over, Chris narrows his eyes at me and I look at him in confusion before he smirks at me.

     "You must forget that I've known you for the past fifteen years. And you also must forget that I can feel people energies. Even people I don't know." He tells me and I glare at the stupid man, now understanding why the other two parts do the throuple are always threatening him.

     "Maybe." I tell him, stopping my pacing form in front of the three to cross my arms.

     "How long has it be going on Jonah?" He asks me, any trace of a smile home form his face and I sigh to myself before I look away, not wanting to see the disappointment and shake in their faces when I tell them.

     "Since high school." I admit quietly and a pen could drop in the room and the people next door would be able to hear it.

      "Those fucking bastards. No wonder I hate wolves so much." Uncle Cassie says and I look up at him with a frown, not understanding.

      "You're not mad at me?" I ask him and his face softens before he shakes his head.

     "I know what it's liked for the people who are supposed to support you belittle you instead. And I underwhy you didn't want to tell anyone. But this shit has got to stop," He says and the others not in agreement.

     "There's one more thing." I admit quietly and they turn towards me. I bite my lip in thought before I brave the conversation and tell them about meeting my Hook, how I did and how I do bravely ran away. There's completely silence at first before Uncle Chan speaks up, a small smile on his face as he gets up off of the couch.

    "Come on, Kid. You need a drink."

~~~~~~~~~~
It's weird to think of our babies as muddled aged and all grown up. I love them all. Who did you think Jonah was going to see?

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: your choice