25 | THE RISING SUN

IN THE KINGDOM OF Fiore, there are dozens of guilds, as well as an array of types, from wizarding to merchant, from mercenary to independent. When it comes to guilds, particularly wizarding guilds, they strive to not only be the strongest but being the most known in all of Fiore. The better known the guild, the better the jobs that are sent their way, which benefits not only the mages who take these jobs but the overall status of the guild. But, not all guilds strive for power and notice, as some guilds prefer a more simple life, these guilds often being the smaller, less membered guilds.

One of these guilds is located in the village of Acacia and is known as the Rising Sun Guild. This small guild has a total of twenty-five members, all of which are related, whether through marriage or blood. But, the guild wasn't always small nor was it always restricted to family only. There was a time when all were welcomed as was their a time that the guild boomed in members. This guild was once one of the strongest guilds in Fiore, but seven years ago, that all changed. Members were kicked out and the guild was cut off from the outside world. Nobody on the outside knows what happened, but for those on the inside, the memory remains fresh in their mind.

"That has to be her!" a woman by the name of Ellen exclaimed. "There's no doubt about it!"

Five of the twenty-five guild members, stood around a table, all staring at a picture. It was a drawing, a hand-drawn sketch of a young woman, but this wasn't just any random woman. Even though it was uncolored, they still recognized her, after all, she looked exactly like her mother. She was their former guildmate, the girl they believed was dead. For the first time in seven years they were seeing her again, and they couldn't help but quiver in fear. They feared that history would repeat itself and that they too would be victims of the girl. Nobody knew what to do, they were confused, but most importantly, afraid.

"What should we do?" her husband Conrad asks. "Should we tell master?"

"Tell master what?" a voice asks causing all of them to snap their head to see a very familiar man. "What is it? What do you wish to tell master?"

"Lahar."

Lahar's current occupation was as a Captain of the 4th Custody Enforcement Unit, however, before his work at the council, he was a member of the Rising Sun Guild. Following the guild's shut out seven years ago, close to nobody, except Lahar, has left the guild. Lahar left the guild when he was eighteen, six years ago, to try to live a life outside the selected guild. Ultimately, Lahar ended up working for the council, a feat he used to advantage to ensure Elvira stayed out of any major trouble. And even though it's been six years since his departure, he still makes frequent visits to the guild. He was raised at the Rising Sun guild, and he still deeply cared for the guild and members, after all, they were family.

"You!" the other man exclaims, pointing a finger at Lahar. "I thought you killed her! You were supposed to kill her!"

"What are you talking about Uncle Henry?" Lahar questions, acting dumb.

"That thing that whore birthed eighteen years ago," Henry answers. "You were ordered to kill her, you told us you killed her. Yet all these years later we find this! Kiara give him the flyer!"

"Here you go grandpa," Kiara says, handing over the flyer to Lahar. "It's from Sorcerer Weekly, it says they're looking for her. They want to do a spread on her for saving Magnolia."