~Chapter 5~

When the cats arrived at camp, Sandnose dismissed Softpaw and Lostpaw. Lostpaw padded over the fresh-kill pile. He noticed two apprentice were already there.

"Greetings! I'm Lostpaw!" Lostpaw greeted happily, glancing at the two apprentices.

The two apprentices exchanged a glance and burst into laughter.

"Greetings Lostpaw," the larger one stuttered though giggles. It was a light gray tom with a white tail tip and dull brown eyes.

The smaller one, which appeared to be a she-cat, was doubled over on the ground laughing. "Greetings, Lostpaw, I'm Spiderpaw," she mewed jokingly. Spiderpaw had a strange dark gray pelt color with bright amber eyes. She looked at the tom again.

"I'm Rainpaw," the lighter tom heaved. The two cats both took a deep breath before standing up straight again.

Lostpaw stood there bewildered why Rainpaw and Spiderpaw were trying to catch their breath.

"Do you want to eat by me and Softpaw?" Lostpaw asked politely, motioning with his muzzle towards were Softpaw was sitting with Shinepaw and Icepaw.

The gray apprentices chuckled. "Sorry, we have somewhere to be little kit,"

Lostpaw flared. "I'm not a kit! I'm an apprentice! I would rip your pelt off if you weren't in my clan!" Spiderpaw and Rainpaw burst into laughter again.

"When hedgehogs fly!" Rainpaw teased.

Lostpaw flattened his ears embarrassment. He frowned. Lostpaw quickly grabbed a rabbit and rushed to where he had saw Softpaw, leaving Rainpaw and Spiderpaw laughing by the fresh-kill pile.

"Greetings, Lostpaw, what's wrong?" Shinepaw asked, tilting her head to a side.

"Spiderpaw and Rainpaw are teasing me," he meowed sadly. He felt helpless, like he was trapped in a forest, and all he could do was run around and feel hopeless. Where he could try to escape, but fail.

"Don't mind them," Icepaw chirped in, "don't let them bring you down.

Lostpaw sighed and finished his rabbit. "I'm going to sleep," he muttered, padding off to the den with his tail down. He settled down in his nest and drifted into a light sleep.

_____________________________

Top picture is Spiderpaw 0u0