32.

Chapter 32

I woke up feeling a shooting pain up my neck and shoulder. The cold tiling of the floor wasn't helpful at all, and I was pretty sure at least one of my boobs was vacationing out of my off shoulder top. Still too groggy to open my eyes, I fixed my shirt to the best of my abilities, and reached out to find where my sheets were.

My shoulder made a disastrous noise, jerking me awake. The light from under the curtains was burning my eyes, so I turned over feeling another loud crunch. Oh boy. This was not good. I opened my eyes finally, staring at the white ceiling over me. Fuck. Where the hell am I?

"Oh you're awake?" Nathan appeared in my line of sight, peering over me with a packet of chips in his hand. No longer flushed and pale, he looked healthier since last night, only the dark circles and hollowed cheeks giving away his sickness.

"What am I doing here?"

"You're not drunk, use your brains," he rolled his eyes, flopping down on the bed. I tried to recall last night as well as I could. We partied at Jeff's place. Noah got very drunk, it was comical. Finn and Daniel had to be dragged to one of the extra rooms Jeff could unlock before they ripped each other's clothes off. I was...

"Where's Eleanor?" I shot up, taking a look around the room clearly. Nathan's green walls were soothing, but I had to check on Eleanor first.

"Still sleeping, I just checked on her," Nathan pulled me onto the bed, where I lay down again, comforted by the softness of the mattress.

"You're looking better than last night," I commented, warming my palms.

"I feel better," he smiled, "I even made toast on my own and it's been..." he checked the time on his watch, "six hours since I last threw up."

I sighed in relief.

"What were you doing on my floor though?" He asked and I shrugged. It was around 4am when Noah was knocked out cold on Jeff's couch. His hair was stuck on his forehead and his face was flushed with the alcohol and all the dancing. I'd decided to take a cab home anyways, and I was walking out when I saw Eleanor puking her guts out at the front porch. Unable to help myself, I rushed forward to take care of her, and then brought her home when she passed out on me. I'd tucked her in my bed, and then wanted to check in on Nathan one last time before going to sleep.

He didn't have a fever, which was good, I think I was happy about it. Then I never made it back to my room to sleep.

"What time is it?"

"Around 11," Nathan pushed my hair off my face tenderly, "I think you should go talk to her."

"Fuck no," I sat up straight, stealing a chip from his hand, "I'm gonna nap again, tell me when she wakes up and leaves."

"Why not?"

"Because she hates me!"

"Did she say it?"

"Well, I don't want to confirm it!" Nathan gave me an annoyed look, which I knew my response totally warranted.

"Grow some balls and just talk to her!" Nathan shoved me off the bed.

"That's some sexist shit," I rolled my eyes, "Have you seen what happens when some balls get flicked?"

"I stand corrected," Nathan raised his hands in defence, "Go be a queen and talk to her."

I rolled my eyes, stumbling out of the room. The jeans were suffocating me so I had to take them off, but I wasn't too sure if I wanted to walk around the house with only a small shirt on. I snuck into my room and quickly changed into my comfortable clothes, glad that the lectures for the day were cancelled. I was told by my seniors that football season was the best, and I could honestly see why.