chapter 2 - into the forest

Eddie ran inside the forest, panting. Richie held his hand,
"It's going to be okay." He smiled, and Eddie smiled back. Richie loved it when Eddie smiled. His whole face lightened up, like the sun. Dark at night, but bright at day.
They started walking deeper into the forest, starting to not care about anyone else. They left all their thoughts behind. Mrs Kaspbrak, Henry Bowers and his gang, the rest of the 'Losers Club'. That's what they all called them self, all of them. Bill, Stanley, Richie and Eddie. They did everything together, and I mean everything. Never a day apart. But today, Richie and Eddie would separate, and god knows what would happen.
Richie wanted to know Eddie's secret so badly. He'd been teasing Richie for a while, and never told his secret to anyone.
"Eds," Richie started,
"Stop calling me Eds." Eddie knew he liked it, but didn't want to own up.
"Okay," Richie sighed, "Eddie, what is your deepest darkest secret?" he smirked.
"Oh, Richie. I know what you're doing here Mr." Richie laughed,
"Okay okay, I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours?" Richie tried to me smooth, but Eddie still knew.
"Nope." He laughed too, they didn't realise they were still holding hands. They'd been walking for a while now, Eddie was getting tired.
"My legs ache." Eddie moaned, aching. Richie looked at him and realised they were holding hands.
"Come on, we can go back in a bit if you want?" Richie smiled again, Eddie smiled back. Eddie's smile was so cute to Richie. It made his day, sometimes his sunshine never came out, but most the time it did. And just seeing that made Richie happy. Knowing the love of his life was happy, was all he wanted.