chapter 5 - a way out

Richie woke up first, with Eddie still on him. He started to mess with his hair, curling it with his fingers. Eddie's eyes slightly started to open as he sat up next to Richie.
"Morning Eds." Richie smiled,
"What did I say! Stop calling me Eds." Eddie pouted, huffing. He did like it though.
"Sorry, Eddie." He tapped his feet together, "So, you want to leave now? It's been at least a day." Eddie looked into his eyes,
"Yeah, sure. I'm hungry anyway." He giggled a bit, then looked away as his cheeks started blushing a bit. Richie smiled, Eddie's giggle was all he wanted to hear right now. It was the thing that made him happiest. They got up together, and Richie put the blanket around Eddie again. They started walking for a while, talking about stuff again.
They couldn't find a way back out after a long, long time. Eddie started to worry, but Richie wanted to comfort him,
"Hey, hey." Richie rested his hand on Eddie's cheek, "It's going to be okay. We'll find a way out." Eddie felt so comforted when he said that. He smiled. He mumbled something but Richie couldn't figure out what he said. They started walking again.

After quite a while, they had still not found a way out.
"Should we separate?" Richie asked. "If you find the way out signal me on the walkie talkie." Eddie didn't like the idea of this, but if they wanted to get anywhere, they had to at least try. He nodded his head and took the walkie talkie, Richie had one of his own.

They separated.