Chapter 6

Cheryl tossed and turned, she was confused with how she felt towards Toni, yes she thought she was pretty, even beautiful but at the same time she couldn't stand her or the fact she was a gang member. She huffed and dragged herself out of bed and got ready for another torturous day at school with the serpents.

She pulls up at school with Jason, the serpents are stood in a group at their motorcycles with Jughead, Veronica and Betty. Cheryl notices Toni stood next to Jughead and feels a hint of jealousy. Veronica spots the twins and calls them over. 'Come on' Jason smiles grabbing his sisters arm. Cheryl groans inwards.
Jason stands next to Jughead and Toni, he smiles at Toni, she smiles back but her attention is on Cheryl. 'Hey' she says. Cheryl just walks away she can't stand the situation. 'Cheryl!' Jason calls but she just ignores him and carries on into school. Toni frowns. Veronica is watching with a curious eye. 'I'll go' Veronica says running after Cheryl.

Once Veronica catches up with Cheryl she grabs her arm 'what's going on?' 'Nothing' Cheryl replies 'I'm gonna be late to class'.
Archie comes out from his locker and puts his arm around Veronica 'What's going on?' 'I don't know' Veronica says kissing his cheek.

Toni sits through all her lessons wondering why Cheryl is giving her such a hard time. Cheryl spends the whole day avoiding everyone until it gets to the end of the day, it's time for detention and she knows she can't avoid a certain someone now. Luckily Cheryl gets to the class room first and takes the same seat as the previous day. Toni comes in not long after, Cheryl doesn't even bother to lift her head expecting Toni to take the same seat of yesterday. She doesn't. Cheryl hears the chair next to her being pulled out, she doesn't move.

'Hey' Toni says. Cheryl ignores her. 'Look I don't know what your problem is with me or my friends but I'd prefer for us not to have to be at each other's throats everyday'. Cheryl still doesn't respond again. Toni just sighs.

The hour is up, Cheryl bundles up her belongings and walks out, as she gets to the door she stops 'see you tomorrow' she says before walking out. Toni lifts her head surprised 'yeah... erm see you tomorrow'.

Toni picks up her bag and goes to her motorbike, as she rides home she keeps a look out for Cheryl but she's no where to be found. When she arrives at her trailer she goes straight to her room, technically she lives with her uncle but he's never home, he's always away on 'business'. Toni loved the serpents they was her family, the people that brought her up but she wanted more from her life, she'd always be a serpent but she dreamed of being something more. She looked at the photos pinned to her bedroom wall, her best friends Fangs and Sweetpea they were like the brothers she never had. She loved them enormously.
She sat on her bed finishing off her homework before scrolling through her social media, her friends were at the Pops and she decided to go and meet them there.

When Toni pulled up her friends were all inside including some of her new Northside friends including Veronica, Betty, Archie and Jason. No Cheryl though, this made her feel a little disappointed. She made her way inside and greeted her friends. They chatted away until Jason pulled Toni to one side.
'Hey can I speak to you?' 'Erm sure' Toni looks at him waiting. 'I was just wondering if you'd like to hang out? Just me and you?' Jason asked nervously. 'Like a date?' Toni asked unsure. 'Yeah if that's ok?' Jason mumbled. Toni took a step back 'I'm really sorry Jason you seem like a really nice guy but I kind of have my eye on someone at the moment'. 'Oh of course, don't worry, I get it'.
Toni just smiles and makes her way back to her friends, Sweetpea and Fangs watching the whole thing. The group of friends enjoy the rest of the evening together before all making their way home.

When Jason arrives home he finds Cheryl in her bedroom alone as usual. He enters her room to tell her about the evening. Cheryl is hardly listening until she hears the name Toni. 'Huh?' Cheryl says trying not to seem interested. 'I said I asked Toni on a date' 'Oh so when are you guys going?' 'We're not, she's interested in someone else, it's cool though, I'm happy as friends. Maybe next time you could join us. Anyway I'm going to bed, goodnight' Jason says leaving the room. 'Yeah goodnight'.