Chapter 10

The rest of the week rolled through and now it was Saturday morning. Cheryl was going to spend the day preparing for Veronicas party. She was actually looking forward to letting her hair down, things have been getting to her lately and she wanted a break from her thoughts.
When the evening came Cheryl and Jason walked to Veronicas knowing they would be drinking a little alcohol Jason didn't want to drive. When they arrived there was more people there than expected, as soon as she spots the serpents she rolls her eyes, even though she was hoping Toni would be there she didn't want Jason thinking she'd gone soft. Jason put his hand on his sisters shoulder 'I'll see you later' and made his way over to his friends.
Veronica came over and pulled Cheryl into a hug, 'Hey Cheryl good to see you, let's get you a drink' Cheryl followed Veronica to the homemade bar. After the drinks were flowing and everyone was having a good time Toni was watching Cheryl dancing in the corner of her eye. A boy with dark hair moved his way over to Cheryl attempting to dance with her, this sparked some jealousy within Toni, Cheryl moved herself away continuing to enjoy herself. The boy wouldn't quit he moved over to Cheryl again this time grabbing her waist, Cheryl was struggling to push him away. Toni sprung straight into action, Sweetpea and Fangs not far behind her.
'Hey! Get off her!' Toni shouted pulling the boy away, she was surprisingly strong. 'Get off me Southside scum!' The boy spat. Before Toni had time to react the boy pushed her backwards, the boys caught her. She swung her arm back and landed a hard punch on the boys nose, knocking him to the ground. Cheryl was shocked at the small girl, no one had really defended her like that before. Before the boy could get up Veronica was there with Archie and the rest of the football team to drag him out.
Everyone got back to their conversations and having fun.
'You alright?' Toni asks.
'I'm fine erm thanks, I need some air' Cheryl ran outside without another word. Toni ran after her, she found Cheryl sat under a tree, obviously cold.
'Here' Toni looks at Cheryl handing the redhead girl her serpent jacket. Cheryl takes it and wraps it around her 'thanks'. Toni takes a seat next to the girl on the cold floor. It was awkwardly silent for a moment.
'Why are you always so nice to me when I've been nothing but horrible to you?'  Cheryl asks looking Toni dead in the eye to see if she lies.
'I like you and I think you need someone to be there for you, even if you don't want to admit it'. Toni says not losing the eye contact with Cheryl 'I think you're sensational'. Toni leans in as does Cheryl, there lips only just touch and Cheryl thinks she's never had a more perfect moment.
'Cheryl?' Jason calls. Cheryl's eyes shoot open as she sees her brother stood there with some of the football team. 'Fuck Fuck!' Cheryl whispers as she grabs her stuff, leaving Tonis jacket on the ground. She bolts, she runs as fast as she can until she can't run anymore. She finds herself home, she runs to her room and cries. If her parents find out she'll be severely punished or worse.