Chapter 29

Cheryl did not disappoint with her long red dress split down one side showing her long legs, hair wavy and pulled to one side and her red lipstick matching her outfit. Toni however opted for a sleek black suit with a white shirt underneath her blazer showing just the right amount of chest, hair falling down both sides of her face.

'Taxis here babe' Toni said calling to Cheryl. When Cheryl stepped out of their bedroom Toni's jaw dropped 'Wow' was all she managed to say. 

'Wow yourself TT' Cheryl said grabbing Toni's hand 'lets go'.

They pulled up to a restaurant just outside of Riverdale, Toni got out to open Cheryl's door for her. 'Thanks babe' Cheryl smiled reaching for Toni's hand. Just as they were about to enter the restaurant Winter and Reggie came behind them.

'Wow girls you both look amazing' Winter smiled pulling Toni into a hug and then to her surprise she pulled Cheryl in for one. Reggie and Toni just nodded at each other. Cheryl cleared her throat once Winter had let go of her 'shall we go in?'.

'Yes lets find our table' Winter smiled.  

Cheryl sat next to Toni and Winter next to Reggie. Once they had got comfortable with each other the conversation flowed easily. 'You guys are so cute together' Winter smiled at Cheryl.

'Thanks Winter, you guys look good together too' Cheryl replied.

'Yeah i've gotten lucky' Reggie said placing a kiss on Winters cheek 'excuse me ladies I need to use the bathroom'.

As Reggie left for the bathroom Toni looked at her ex 'so Winter I thought you were only into girls?'. Cheryl was surprised Toni had asked this but she didn't react, instead she was interested in Winters answer.

'Nahh i think the lesbian thing was a phase for me' Winter said with a shrug 'Reggie is really something special'.

'Oh well good for you' Toni said looking down.

The dinner actually went better than expected, Toni was surprised how much Cheryl and Winter actually spoke without any digs or sarcasm. As the dinner was coming to a end Cheryl heard a familiar voice which made her grip onto Toni's leg.

'I can't believe they allow people of your kind in here' a spiteful voice spat.

'Mother what a horrid surprise' Cheryl shot back.

'And you brought your whore'.

Cheryl jumped up at that cheap shot towards Toni 'Mother you can say what you want to me insult me, harm me, disown me but don't you ever speak ill of Toni in front of me'. Cheryl was so angry that she could have gave her mother what she deserved right there and then. A soft hand grabbed hers.

'Babe she's not even worth it' Toni said standing next to Cheryl.

'You're right babe' Cheryl pulled Toni in and kissed her right in front of her mothers face, she's knew how angry that would make her. Cheryl pulled away 'we was leaving anyway Mumzie have a nice evening' Cheryl smiled pulling Toni towards the door, Winter and Reggie following.

'So your mom doesn't accept your relationship with Toni?' Winter asked when they were outside. 

'It's not Toni, it's me that they don't accept' Cheryl said.

'I'm sorry about that' Winter said putting her hand on Cheryl's shoulder.

'Don't be, I'm finally happy in my life. I don't need them'.

'Do you guys want a lift home?' Reggie asked.

'Please' Toni said guiding Cheryl towards the car.

The ride home was full of chatter, the group of newly formed friends laughing and joking as they reached Toni's trailer. Toni jumped out first, then turned to help Cheryl get out.

'Thank you for a lovely evening and for the ride' the girls smiled.

'We'll have to do it again some time' Winter smiled 'see you at school'.

Toni unlocked the trailer door and opened it for Cheryl. 'Sorry about my mom TT, she's evil'.

'It's okay babe' Toni kissed her lips 'how about a movie night?'.

'Sounds great'.

The girls went to shower together before putting on their pajamas and fluffy socks. They carried their blankets to the couch and turned on the tv trying to agree on a movie to watch. They were still so young with a full life to live but if this was how every day would end for them, as long as they had each other they knew that they'd be happy.