Chapter 12

Remus had been skirting around her that morning. It was Sunday and he didn't have to go to work, which brought them in an awkward position. Not that Hermione had anything to do with the awkwardness. It was all Remus' fault. He was avoiding her.

As she sat down on to have her breakfast, it was just Sirius there with her.

"Well, are you going to say something to him or not?" He asked.

"What can I? He is the one avoiding me."

"He is scared , you know. You are the only girl he has laid his eyes on."

"I have not seen him even meeting my eye today and you say he has eyes on me." Hermione scoffed.

He shoved his shoulders to her playfully.

"Oh you know very well what I mean. I am not oblivious to the way you are with him either."

"I won't deny it like him."

"He has his reasons kitten."

"What makes you think that I don't know his reason?" She realised her mistake a second late. It wasn't that she could not hide her knowledge under her cover but she didn't yet want to answer the questions that come along with it. Luckily, she was saved by a knock by the window and quickly rose to look at the owl. It was beautiful grey owl. She gave it some water and owl treat while she removed the letter. It was addressed to Sirius.

"Its for you." She handed him the letter and saw Remus making his way into the kitchen. He still avoided her gaze. She turned towards Sirius who was frowning.

"What is it?" She asked.

"He agreed to meet us." There was no doubt as in who this 'he' was.

"It's a good thing. When ?" She asked.

"Tomorrow at five." He said. "But it could be a plot to lure us in. He is a death eater. I am not sure if we should go."

"What are you talking about?" Remus asked.

"Regulus." Sirius said.

"You are not going." He said firmly looking at her for the first time since the kiss previous night. He should not have done that cause it angered her.

"I am going." She told Sirius. " Whether you come or not. Its your decision."

"No you are not." Remus said firmly.

"Yes, I am. And you have no right to stop me. Why don't you go and ignore me like you were doing minutes ago?" She said sarcastically and was glad when she saw Remus flinch at her words.

"Please , will you two stop bickering like old married couples." Sirius complained.

"It could be dangerous Padfoot. Have you forgotten how you were when you last faced a death eater."

This time Hermione flinched as the face of Bellatrix Lestrange was thrown in front of her face. The shudder she felt didn't go unnoticed by both of them.

"Regulus won't be like them."

"He is my brother, kitten, and I don't know if that is true." Hermione could hear the strain in his voice. She knew he blamed himself for it.