Chapter 22

Hermione paced the room as she waited for everyone to come in. She was nervous. It wasn't like one tells their dead professors that they have come back from future.

Reg and Sev were in other room. They were friends from being together in Slytherins, and then as Death Eaters. It was good that they had someone to hold the ground from them.

"Calm down Mione. Stop pacing, you are giving me headache." Lily complained. She was sitting around the table.

Hermione was spared an answer when Dumbledore walked in the room. "Hello Hermione." He said. "Lily. James. Sirius. Remus. Hope you are all doing well."

"Hello Albus." They greeted. It was still weird calling the old man with his name.

"I was quite shocked Hermione when a patronous walked inside my office and started talking in your voice." He said taking a sit. "The order has been looking for some sort of special communication that only we can manage. Were you aware of it?"

" No Albus, I wasn't. I will tell you the spell. It is quite easy if someone knows to cast Patronus but there is something else which is important and need to be discussed here."

"What is it?" He asked as lily poured him a cup of tea and everyone took their sit. They all too were eager to know how to kill Voldemort.

"I think its time I come clean in front of you. They all know my real story." She pointed towards the others. "And so does two more people. But before I tell you everything, I want you to extend your help to those two young men I talked about. They happened to be ex-death eaters. I know you believe in protecting the soul of people. Trust me, they aren't Dark wizards, they just made wrong choices."

"Hermione, do you know how big it is? They could give us intel on his actions." Dumbledore had a twinkle in his eyes. "Is Voldemort aware of their deception?"

Hermione shook her head and asked Sirius to bring him in. "Albus, Severus Snape and Regulus Black." They looked nervous and took sit in between all of them.

"Are you confident of where their loyalty lies?" He asked.

"As sure as I am of mine loyalty." She promised.

"Severus and Regulus, I am glad to see you have seen the error of your way. I had always known that young people have immense capacity to do good."

"Just like that?" Regulus asked his jaw hanging. " You trust us just on words and how can you forgive us for what we did." It was one of his fears. Even if his brother and his friends had somehow forgiven. He was sure no one else will knowing that they had taken part in killing and torturing, though he had never killed anyone, who will believe it.

"Dear boy, fear not, you are going to go through Veritaserum in front of the order for them to accept you. And as for you being death eaters," Dumbledore leant toward them so that he was looking directly in their eyes as he said, "One should never underestimate the allure of darkness, even the purest of hearts are drawn to it. We can only be glad that you have broken free from its shackles and if what you say is true, I cannot stop the Light from embracing you." ( Read A/N)

Hermione smiled at the kind words of the man but frowned immediately, when he said, "What are you willing to give in return?"