Chapter 14

They apparated outside of a small muggle playground in London Borough of Islinton. In his letter , Regulus had demanded Sirius to meet him in the place were Uncle Alphard had taken them for Christmas treat. This has brought a shred of hope for Sirius since his brother had refused to acknowledge that they ever had those days. Number 12 Grimmauld Place was a dull place even Christmas Day did nothing to excite the mood in the house. It used to be always about adults and their pureblood agendas. Walburga often sent her boys to bed early so that the adults could sit with their rum and enjoy in their own twisted evil way. It was those times when Alphard would sneak the boys out and take them to a muggle café to give them pastrie and cupcake treats. It was until Sirius got sorted in Gryffindors. No matter what Alphard did would not convince the young Reggie to go with the traitor after his family declared him so.

Sirius was very nervous to go inside the café. What if Regulus was not there? What if he had planned an ambush on them? Could he really take it ? Due to the witch he finally had a hope now that he could have his little brother back. It had hurt him to lose his brother once. It will be hell lot more painful if he lost him a second time.

He was still deliberating if it was better to return when he felt Hermione's hand around his. He looked at the witch who was smiling encouragingly at him. Together , hand in hand , they walked in the café. It was not that crowded. There were a few school students sitting in groups around the two tables. A third one was more private as a couple sat there. The rest of the café was empty except for a man in black sitting in one corner of the café. Sirius would have passed him for a normal muggle reading his book if he hadn't been so secluded. Regulus Black , the perfect son of Walburga and Orion Black, the worthy heir of the Nobel and Ancient house of Black was dressed in a black leather jacket and jeans that Sirius recognized as his own. He smiled at the attire. After he ran away from his house, his mother had burnt all his belongings. He had no idea how Regulus got his hand on those. His grey eyes met a pair of similar eyes and he looked around in panick to see if there were more Aurors to capture him.

Hermione who too had recognized him , squeezed Sirius' hand and pulled him towards the occupied table. Sirius was thankful for her presence beside him because otherwise he would have just run away.

As they neared the table, Hermione murmured some spells.

"Muffilato and Notice me not. So that no one hears us even if they were eavesdropping." Hermione explained to Sirius but he knew it was more for Regulus.

"Who is she? And why is she here? I thought it would be just the two of us." Regulus said and again Sirius realized how much have changed over the years. Gone was the young aristocratic and carefree Regulus black, the man sitting in front of him had suffered ( or was suffering?) in life and was scared.

"She is a friend. She wanted to meet you for something important."

"I am not going to give you any information on the Dark Lord." He stared at both of them indifferently.

He is not my Reggie anymore, Sirius repeated like a mantra inside his head.

A young waitress approached them and Hermione ordered some muggle drink for all of them.

"You are a mudblood." Regulus scowled at her.

"Apologize to her this instant." Sirius roared in angered. He didn't want Hermione to get hurt trying to help the bastard who didn't know to differentiate between his real enemy and friend.