Chapter 23

CHAPTER 23

The Flavus Moon, as Hermione had named her cottage and the Godric Hollow were no longer as secluded as they used to be. Hermione had granted Severus her permission to stay at her cottage for as long as he wanted. Remus was slightly uncomfortable with it. Neither man nor wolf wanted another wizard to live with her witch. So, he had taken to sleeping at her cottage.

"Remus, you know you have said good night to me for the fourth time." Hermione asked slightly amused at his behavior. It was almost like he didn't want to leave.

"Did I?" He said, wrapping his arms around her as he pulled him close and breathed in her hair.

"You must sleep. The full moon's day after tomorrow. Don't tire yourself, love." She said rubbing his arms in a comforting manner.

"I know I want to sleep too." He sighed. "I just don't want to leave you." He admitted.

Hermione chuckled and planted a quick kiss on his lips.

"Then come on." She pulled his hand and he stared at her bemused. She took him to her bedroom. "Stay here with me." The grin that broke into his face was like a child.

"You sure?" he asked, trying and failing in containing his amusement. Remus was cute. They were officially a couple now. It won't be the first time they would wake up together and still he was so shy in asking. She knew that he felt that she would consider it over stepping but Hermione didn't. Just like her presence seemed to help Remus during his PMS, his presence helped her calm down and kept her nightmares away. As Remus got ready for bed and lied down, his face broke into a smile and his eyes heavy with sleep, she snuggled close to his chest. He slid his hand around her waist.

"Remus." She said.

"hmm?" he asked , losing himself to sleep already.

"Doesn't it get crowded in Godric's Hollow with all you, Lily, James and Sirius?"

"sometimes." He mumbled.

"Why don't you come live here?" she asked , unsure if he would even want. Just like Remus Lupin always wondered if she would like him, Hermione Granger too had her doubts. She knew she was hopelessly in love with the werewolf. She also knew that he was close to her because he spent most time with her given the fact that his wolf needed her. But when he started the potion, will he still? The Remus Lupin of her future had never had the improved potion twice so she wouldn't know. Remus liked her, it was evident in his behavior, but did he love her? She knew it was too quick for her to ask him to move in. But he seemed so reluctant to leave and happy when she asked him to stay, she couldn't stop herself from asking.

Her disturbing thoughts when Remus kissed her passionately answering her question without saying anything.

"Do you know I wanted to ask that today?" he said happily.

"Now you form full sentences , idiot!" she laughed. Remus grinned and yawned. "My idiot." She corrected planting a soft kiss on his forehead and placed her hand on his chest, gently tracing shapes on his skin which she knew helped him relax. Very soon, Remus was asleep and so was Hermione.

Remus moved into the Flavus Moon next day. He even found that Severus wasn't a bad company once he moved past the old rivalry. It seemed that Severus had unknowingly tied his loyalty to Hermione and sometimes let his mask down when she was in company. Since Lily had mended her broken friendship with Severus and the boys have started tolerating his presence.

Two days later, a silver phoenix came and announced that Dumbledore wanted to meet Hermione. It was time for questions and answers for Hermione.

"Lemon drops?" Dumbledor asked when she entered his cabin.