Chapter 17

"Since when ?" James asked once they were inside her cottage.

"Your seventh year." She answered.

"Why?" he asked, his voice pained.

"He was too convinced that his' was the winning side. He wanted to be on the side that had power."

"Will you tell us the truth now ?" Sirius asked. Hermione had always known they doubted her story but said nothing because of what she had said under Veritaserum.

"I guess its about time that you knew." She nodded at them and went inside the room. When she returned she had an album in her hand.

"Here, look at it. Then I will explain." It was Harry's album.

Remus took the album in his hands and opened it. The first picture was of James' and Lily but what surprised her was the baby they held in their hand. All of them looked at the picture and then at Hermione, "What does this mean?" Lily asked.

"Finish it and I will explain."

The next picture was of the day James and Lily were married, there were a few from their school days, one of the entire order though it hadn't been taken yet. In one picture there was a baby with green eyes, flying on a toy broom as James ran after him. After this there were pictures of Hermione but she was young in probably in her first year , there were two boys on her either side, one had red hair while the other was a younger version of James with green eyes. There were many of their pictures. In all the pictures as the kids grew up, he could see the green eyed boy looked more and more similar to James.

He turned to look at Sirius who had just made a weird noise and saw all of his friends looking at him and the album and back at him again. He soon saw the object of their surprise, in one picture, behind the trio who had been until now constant in most of the picture , stood an old Remus Lupin. His hair was grey at certain places and he had more scars on his face but no one could deny it was him. If he was shocked to see himself it was nothing in comparison to how he felt when he saw the older copy of Sirius. He looked as if all his happiness had been sucked out. As they continued, there were many pictures of Sirius and Remus with Hermione and the boys as they all grew up but there were none of James and Lily. The older people they recognized as, Dumbledore, Minerva, Moody, Kingsley, Arthur and Molly Weasley, Snape and others.

"Why do you have older pictures of us?" Sirius asked. "and who is the boy who looked like James?"

"He is Harry."

Remus gasped as understanding dawned upon him. Hermione appearing out of no where in the house. Her knowing about everything and recognizing everyone. She wasn't a seer , she had lived through the future. He wasn't the only one who had realized it.

"Harry is my… son?"

"That's not possible." James said waving away Lily.

"it is, James. My best friend, Harry is your son."

They looked at her incredulously. "BUT HOW?"

"Hermione Granger was born in 1979."

Sirius laughed at her but he was the only one doing that.

"You mean you are a toddler?"

When Hermione didn't say anything, he shook his head. "Fucking hell , Mione. You are a time traveler."