Guardian Angel

:>

I'm with my best friend Zarina, we're busy playing in the rain. Yeah, we're still playing at the age of 16, Zarina, and I still love to play in the rain. I don't see anything wrong with that.

"Hey! Jaira get inside the house, It's getting late!" My mom shouted from the window in our house.

I look at Zarina. "Yeah, your mom is right, I better get going now," She said and stood up.

"Ok see you tomorrow Zarina!" I said while waving at her.

When I enter our house, I immediately clean myself in the bathroom. It's already 6 and my mom is getting ready to leave. My mom is a nurse and my dad? I don't know where he is right now, and I also don't want to know.

I feel cold all of a sudden, I think this is cause of playing in the rain and I forgot to take my med after showering. My mom knocked on the door.

"Yes?" I said.

"I'm going now you ok there?" She opens the door so that she could see me.

"I'm ok mom I can take care of myself,"

"I told you, stop playing in the rain,"

"Mom I said I--"

"Ok.. ok, I'm going now."

"Take care!" I said.

I heard the closing of the door. I fixed my blanket and decided to close my eyes for a couple of hours maybe I'll feel better if I go to sleep.

A minute had passed, I felt a hand caressing my forehead. I slowly open my eyes. I was surprised to see a woman, she's old I think she's in the late '70s.

"Oh dear, don't stand up, you're hot and I think you have a fever," She said while looking into me.

"W-who are you? and h-how did y-you get here?" Now I'm stuttering.

"Don't be scared I'm Raine, so take this Medicine so you'll get better," She handed me my medicine and a glass of water.

"Uhmm ahh-" She cut me off.

"Don't ask anything and just rest," She put a bimbo in my forehead.

"D-did my mom sent you to take care of me?" I asked her, she looks at me and then smiles.

"Yes, so don't ask anything and go back to sleep so you could play again in the rain."

"Ok"

When I woke up that evening I haven't seen Raine anymore and I asked my mom if she sent Raine to take care of me, and she said no she didn't even know that I'm sick. I found a piece of paper on my side table beside the glass of water, it says that;

Jaira,

Get well soon, I'd love to see you playing in the rain.

Your Angel,
Raine

:>