Turns Out Wrong

The life of a college student isn't easy. You need to set your priorities on top. Fewer friends and more focus on studying for the future. Unlike high school students. 

Liah is a Grade 10 student. A Singer, Journalist, and a responsible SSG— Supreme Student Government— President to their School.  I had a crush on her since I was in Senior High School. Our building is just next to theirs, so I always get to see her.

I thought that I was just fascinated by her Talent and leadership that's why I felt this, but then I was wrong. Now I'm in my second year in college, and still afraid to take Liah out on a romantic date, but I think if I were to take her out I'll start on a Friendly date. 

My cousin told me that there will be an upcoming concert by Ed Sheeran. The Concert will have discounts, then I thought of Liah. Liah's a fan of Ed Sheeran, back then  I heard her sang one of Ed's songs. So I bought 2 tickets.

The next day, I wrote a letter to her.

Liah

 Hey, I got 2 tickets to Ed Sheeran's concert? Wanna go?

                                          Ethan

I slid the letter into a small envelope together with the ticket to make it look special. I gave the letter to her friend to deliver it to Liah and I also ask her number to her friend which she gave me immediately with a grin.

I texted Liah 'HI'.  I never expected that she'll reply to my text.

Liah

Wow, Thank you for the ticket. I appreciate it. 

I was so happy that night that it's hard for me to sleep. 2 days before the concert Liah and I were TextMate. It's like we're getting to know each other. I make it obvious in my messages that I like her and that I am serious.

Hours before the concert, I ask her if I could fetch her, but she declined my offer. I felt a bit disappointed but she assures me with her word that she will come.

I am now outside the Concert Arena waiting for her. My palms are sweating and I'm a bit nervous. I hope Liah will be happy tonight.

A minute had passed, I saw Liah walking toward me. She is not alone.

"Hey, Ethan! Sorry I was late. This is my Boyfriend Aspen." Happiness was visible on her face.

I just stare at them. I thought this will be our first date but it turns out wrong. I pity myself for being the third wheel. I'm sure Liah will enjoy this night... with her boyfriend.

•••

#thirdwheel
#iyakerps