"Why me"

Ray p.o.v

My airbag went out, causing me to hit my head. I started to feel sever pain in my stomach. Then I tasted blood in my mouth. My body went numb I couldn't feel anything at all. I couldn't even see straight. Everything was all blurry.

Then I felt arms pull me out of the car.

“Sir Can you see me." The man asked me. I just mumbled something. Couldn't even think straight. I could hear him talking to me but I couldn't hear him right.

"Sir, Stay with me!" he said as he yelled at me. Those were his last words I heard before drifting off to sleep...

                                                                     Next day, 5 AM.

Lea p.o.v

“Lea, you okay?" where did the come from? It sounded like a man. I recognized that voice anywhere..... Then it hit me! It was are lawyer. He was a close family friend. He helped us out when I found my mom had cancer.

I opened my eyes to see a bunch of people with white coats... Wait ?!? Am I in a hospital or something? I tried to speak but sharp pain hit my throat. Then one of them started to speak up. He looked like 40-50 ish....

"Ms. Lopez, I am doctor Cooper. It has seemed that you have been a victim of a drunk driving accident. The driver hit your car at 11:06 pm. I am very sorry to tell you but.... You and the drunk driver were the only survivors of this crash."

wait.... If only I survived then... NO! My mom. At the point I was crying. Tears falling everywhere. Everybody had their heads down, not wanting to see this. My mother is dead! Why!?! Why god? Why couldn't you take me instead?

“I am very, very, very sorry Lea. But I will do everything I can to have this boy locked up for good. “The lawyer said.

What boy is talking about? Probably some old man. Now I'm probably going to be put in a foster care. Why did he do this to me? How would he like it if I killed his mom? Now nobody is going to be out there for me. In going to be alone...... forever.

Then Mr. Cooper started to speak up again.

"Ms. Lopez, it seems to be that there is a glass piece stuck in your vocal cords, and the problem Is that if we perform surgery and take it out, you will internally bleed. So until we figure out what to do, you may not be able to speak again for a while."

What!?!?! I may not be able to sing again. Who did this to me? Why me? What did I ever do to anybody?!? I was nice to everyone. Never talked backed to my mom. Helped out at homeless centers. Why me again?

Then one of the nurses handed me a note pad and a few pens.

“Sweetie, you should use this to write down what you want to say and use this button anytime you need anything.”

Ray p.o.v

Wtf is going on?!? I was handcuffed to a hospital bed. Tf just happened?

“Ray smith " The officer asked.

“Yeah" I said.

“You are under arrest for drunk driving”

The officer said while uncuffing me for the bed and cuffing me again. Sh**! My parents are going to kill me.

“Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to a lawyer. If you can't afford one, one will be provided for you."

I'm in deep sh** now!