shy: the bad batch

-I wrote this when s7 just ended but only now finished it because I wasn't satisfied with how it was

The Bad Batch: an abnormal bunch, rowdy group of weirdos, the black sheep of the GAR, a bad batch, dysfunctional, et cetera, et cetera. You heard so many rumours and comments floating around about that group while other times, nothing at all. They were science experiments made by the Kaminoans and absolutely nothing like their brothers, both in looks and personality.

They had been trained separately from their brothers, and from what you knew, were practically a family on their own.

"So, this is the 'Bad Batch'?" you whispered to Cody. His lips were pressed into a thin line while his brows knitted together. Either he was in deep thought, or uncomfortable (you sensed it to be the latter) with how close you two stood. He had told you a few stories of his own adventures with the group, and although they didn't seem all too bad, you weren't so sure about these boys. "Remind me why I'm here Cody." you whispered. He raised a brow and said, "You were assigned to aid Clone Force 99 in their upcoming mission. You are expected to complete the mission and were given a full seven rotations to do so. A quick summary is that you were tasked to infiltrate and destroy a Seperatist base and return--safely on General Kenobi's request."

"Only because they didn't know where else to deploy me." you grumbled. Turning to Cody, you dramatically sighed. Only being Knighted as of yesterday left you in an odd position. Where were you to go now that you didn't follow your ex-master, Obi-wan, like a lost puppy? Where were you to go now that you were fully independent from him? Cody patted your shoulder, a gesture solely reserved for you. "They aren't too bad Com--General."

"That's not the point Cody. If they're as good as I've heard, I'll only be extra luggage." Cody frowned. "That's not true." He tone was firm and you sensed he meant it. "You're as capable, maybe even more, than them. I have no doubt that you will be completely immaculate on this mission." He paused thoughtfully, giving the open docking bay a good survey. "You're strong General," he added. "Don't ever forget that."

You smiled at him in appreciation. "Thanks Cody, for being here for me as always." He returned the smile. "We're...we're friends, yes?"

"Without a doubt." You fixed your gaze on the approaching men and folded your arms over your chest. They were, as expected, as odd bunch. One was super macho while another was as thin as a stick, another looked like a total nerd while the last of the four looked...pretty normal compared to his brothers. You shifted from foot to foot. As they stared you down, you couldn't help but feel the slightest bit intimidated.

"I'm worried." you whispered, eyeing the clone who wore a red headband-bandana-thing stepped forward. He nodded your way, eyes sharp and calculating. "Don't be." he said. You instinctively turned to Cody with a silent look for help. "Hunter has enhanced senses." he explained.

You suddenly felt very, very dumb. "Why didn't I know that?" you whispered. Cody had the strong urge to roll his eyes. "Because you weren't listening when I briefed you this morning. You were caught up in finishing something assigned to you last week." You blinked, a sigh escaping your lips. "Right. Right. Thanks Cody." You turned to the Bad Batch, whom were sending each other amused glances. You sensed a shared bewilderment among them relating to your dynamic with Cody, but none had the guts to speak about it.

At least not yet.

Offering a small wave, you said, "Hello there. I...assume you already know me--or at least have heard my name."

"You're General (Y/n) Skywalker." the nerd said. "Younger sister of General Anakin Skywalker by three years, recently knighted--yesterday--and known to be fierce in battle, which earned you the name--"