Karma x Reader |~train~|

my english sucks and i'm too lazy to reread so there's gonna be some autocucumber mistakes

(Y/N)'s pov:

"oi wake up" i felt tapping on my head and i opened my heads, feeling drowsy still. i sat up straight and blinked a bit as my vision was still a bit blurry. ah, we're still on the train. "god im so bored" i heard Karma say next to me. i looked over at him and went to hit the back of his head but he stopped my hand before i could.

"why'd you wake me you up?" i asked annoyed with him. "i got bored, have a conversation with me." i rolled my eyes at him. why am i friends with this guy again?

"i felt like we've been on this train for hours" i heard him yawn and I looked down at my phone. we had only been on the train for 45ish minutes however. "yeah well it's not my fault you had to move so far away." i said.

ive been best friends with Karma for the past 11 years now, however he moved away recently so whenever we hang out it takes awhile to travel from one place to another. everyone else on the train has gotten off so it was only us now. i turned to look out the window and smiled a bit. the sun was setting now and it looked gorgeous since we seemed to be riding in the middle of a beautiful field.

"you know, remember back in junior high when everyone thought we were dating?" i looked back over at him but he was looking at the ground. "where'd that come from?" i asked him since he blurted that out of no where.

"oh i was just thinking. where'd that even come from huh? you clearly had a thing for that orange headed bimbo. still don't understand what you saw in him." i still don't understand why he brought such a topic up.

"why are you so curious about this all of the sudden?"

"no reason, just trying to hold a conversation." i could clearly tell he was lying. he never acts like this. "what's with you?"

he finally turned to look at me and judging by the expression on his face, i think i said that too harshly. "ah, sorry. if you're uncomfortable i'll stop asking about it." he turned his head towards the window.

"want to listen to music?" i ask him, trying to get rid of the awkwardness. "oh uh sure"

i got up and went to sit next to him. i handed him one of the ears buds and went through my playlist. (yes you're gonna just be poor with your normal wired earbuds it wouldn't work if you had airpods smh)

i started playing music and watched Karma look out the window. "it's pretty isn't it?" i said as i looked out too. everything felt like a fever dream right now. i closed my eyes as i felt a small breeze hit my face. (the window of the train is open towards the top so air can come in)

"yea, it is pretty" i opened my eyes and saw Karma looking at me. i felt my face heat up and i immediately turned my head. i heard Karma start laughing at him. "pfft you should've seen your face. what's wrong? am i just too hot for you?"

still flustered, i didn't want to turn and face him yet. not until my face calmed down. he'd make fun of me for sure. "uh hey (Y/N)?"

"huh?" i glanced over at him and saw that his mood suddenly changed out of no where. "you know, we're turning 18 soon. we'll be off to college soon and uh, now that we live so far apart, i don't know how often we'll be able to see each other. and um,,"

"Karma?" i said. something is definitely off with him. he was bright red and he kept avoiding eye contact.

"fuck um, ah. whatever might as well just say it now." he looked up and stared at me right in the eyes.

"it's obvious that um, well you know. you and me have been close for years now. and in those years, we've always told each other everything. we've never been scared of showing or telling each other how we felt or what we did. we'd do everything together. well, except for,,, haa."

he paused for a moment and looked away. he was clearly embarrassed and i just watched him. suddenly he looked back up at me.

"i've felt,, this weird feeling towards you for awhile now. but i always thought that if i ever brought it up before, i'd ruined our friendship. and i'd never want that. so i never bothered to say anything about it. but i've kept it hidden for too long now. but i've thought things over and i've realised that i need to say something. and i know that if i don't speak up about this i'll regret it and i'll never be able to get over unless i do this. now more than ever,, and you can probably already guess what i'm going to say so uh hear it goes."

"(Y/N), i think i... i think im in love with you."

in that moment nothing felt real. time seemed to slow down and i just stared into his eyes. i never noticed how pretty they were. the sun came in through the window and Karma's hair blew in the slight breeze. i'll never forget the face he made as he smiled at me.

i just stared back at him. i didn't know what to say. it all felt numb. i couldn't tell if this was real or not. my eyes widened as i just looked at him.

"well there you go. ah that felt amazing. i feel free now." he did broke eye contact with me and tan his finger through his hair.

i just kept starring at him. with him the lightening he looked so attractive.

"ah, did i make you uncomfortable? hm maybe i shouldn't have said anything after all. you know, i get if you don't feel the same way it's okay, i just wanted you to kn-"

i couldn't take it anymore. i wrapped my hands around his neck and pulled him into me. he seemed shocked at first, but after a second i felt his hand come up caress my face.

we broke apart after that, and that's when it seemed to finally hit me. Karma just told me loved me... a-and i just kissed him!

"ah im sorry!" i said suddenly and hid my face in my hands. ahh that was so embarrassing. i didn't even ask him if i could kiss him.

i felt Karma's hands pull my own away from my face and when i looked up he was way too close. "don't apologize," he said before his hand went up to my face again and he kissed me.

somi_mint7

haaa the classic kdrama/anime type of oneshot smh.

anyways uh, this is kinda something i'd like to experience in life myself so uh aha if you're interested hmu😩✋

date-;; Sunday, November 15th, 2020
word count: 1223 words