Epilogue 2

One Year after first epilogue

"Have you seen my shoes?" I call out, rushing from the bathroom into the bedroom as I slip my earrings into my ears.

"Right here." Adam approaches me, my heels in his hand as he smiles down at me.

I let my hands drop to my sides once I secure my earrings, grinning back at him.

"What would I do without you?" I snatch the heels from his hands, sitting on the edge of the bed to slip them on.

Once on, I stand to look myself over in the mirror. I smooth out my red gown that shimmers in the sunlight seeping in from the window, twisting my body to look at it from different angles.

My hair is perfectly pinned up, the dangly diamond earrings sparkling in my ears, and my heels add the finishing touch to my appearance.

"You look stunning." Adam hums. I watch in the mirror as he approaches me from behind, his arms snaking around my waist as he ducks down to rest his chin on my shoulder.

I smile, my eyes raking over his own appearance. Clean shaven and dressed in a perfectly tailored tux, he looks immaculate and I can feel a blush creeping to my cheeks. Not to mention how he smells. The cologne he's wearing mixed with his own musk is divine and intoxicating.

Today is my birthday, and tonight Adam has some big dinner planned for us that he won't elaborate on. All he simply told me was to get dressed up.

And now, here we are, standing in the mirror engulfed in one another and dressed as if we were about to walk the red carpet, in our shared apartment. Within months after Adam and I rekindled our relationship following his divorce, he asked me to move in with him.

And ever since then, things have been incredible. When Adam is away for filming, I'm kept busy with my own career, and of course Claire who keeps me company a lot. But when Adam is home, things just feel right.

"We're going to be late." He whispers, tilting his head to press his lips below my ear, kissing the skin there sweetly.

"Hmm." I hum, pulling away and moving from his grasp. "Late to where?" I cock an eyebrow, asking innocently.

Adam smirks, shaking his head. "I'm not falling for it that easily."

I huff but grin anyways, knowing he'd never give away details of what he has planned. I watch as he moves around the room to collect his things; phone, keys, wallet.

"Ready?" He pauses to look at me.

I nod, and he places his hand on the small of my back to lead me out of our shared apartment.

Our taxi pulls up in front of a gorgeous hotel. A grand staircase made of stones leading up to the large entrance of the building with twinkling lights and greenery lining the path and entrance.

"You got us a hotel room?" I raise an eyebrow teasingly as Adam opens my car door, his hand reaching out for mine to help me out. "If you wanted to get me in your bed, all you had to do was ask."

Adam chuckles, grinning at me amusingly as his hand returns to the small of my back, leading me up the stairs and toward the entrance.

A blast of cool air hits my skin as we make our way inside the air conditioned building. I'm astonished at the sight before me. The hotel being one of the most luxurious hotels I've stepped foot in.

The lobby is massive. And clean, to the point of sterility. The décor made of gold and marble accents, but that wasn't the most exciting part. It was the people that filled the interior. Everyone seemed so friendly, so lively. Nothing like you'd normally see in an average hotel, where people just stop by to sleep and then rush out right after.