30. book fair

Hongjoong looks over himself in the mirror for the nth time, flattening out his white wool sweater or running his hand through his hair never really fully satisfied with how he looked

He releases a long sigh then goes to sit on his bed while restlessly playing with his fingers. Waiting... The longer he thought about it more it seemed like they were going on a... date.

It was odd. He'd been on a couple dates in the past (granted he never ended up seeing them again) but he'd never been this nervous. He felt his palms sweat and his stomach churn. And Seonghwa wasn't even here yet.

Just then the door bell rings loudly, interrupting his thoughts and causing him to flinch. He immediately throws a small messenger bag over his shoulder and grabs his phone then rushes downstairs.

Upon practically yanking the door open he nearly gasps out loud when Seonghwa greets him with a heartwarming smile. His eyes creasing a little and pink lips slightly glossy.

"Hi. You look great" Seonghwa says as he briefly looks Hongjoong up and down. Taking in his smaller frame being practically swallowed by an oversized white cotton sweater and blue skinny jeans. A small bag strapped across his chest.

Hongjoong smiles up at him. "Yeah.. I mean thanks. Y-you look good too"

"Thanks. So.. you ready to go?"

"Yep. Give me a second lemme get my shoes on" He turns and begins slipping on a pair of old white tennis shoes.

This gave Seonghwa a view of his ass. Now any other person and the taller would've stared and gawked but because it was Hongjoong so he quickly averted his eyes, finding the shrub by the door to be quite interesting.

Oblivious to what happened, Hongjoong stands up straighter with a sigh. "Ok. All ready"

---

San

Wooyoung:
It'll be fine

San:
What makes you say that?
My dad will hate my guts
Not to talk of how it'll ruin his relationship
with your mom

Wooyoung:
Your dad won't hate you
Just as my mom won't ever hate me
no matter how upset she may be

San:
I guess
She definitely hates me tho
Did u see how she glared at me?

Wooyoung:
Yeahhh 😬
She'll come around tho
She has to

---

"Both of you, get out. Now" Wooyoung hears his mom's voice boom throughout the house as she she walks out of her room and towards the living room. Footsteps echoing loudly around the house.