Chapter 13 (2/2)

Trystan leans forward in the seat, reaching across to me, his fingers brushing my knee.

"You can stay here." His eyes flick to Ryder. "Don't worry about our parents. We'll deal with them."

I press my lips together. Ashton meets my eyes, and he gives me a meaningful look. "Or if you would prefer, you're more than welcome at mine." I look between both of them, worried that I'm going to cause trouble with the person I don't choose, but I quickly understand the meaning Ashton was trying to convey. They won't care who I choose. Ryder doesn't look the least bit fazed at Ashton offering a place at his.

"Or mine," Brody offers, squeezing me around the shoulders, and the others soon follow with offers of their own. I give a weak smile at them all being so generous and kind. Whoever I choose, I'd feel like a burden to.

"Or..." Ryder starts, "We can always sort a room out for you, and it doesn't have to be at the same hotel. We just want you to feel safe. No strings attached." He shares a knowing smile with me. I smile more convincingly now.

I shrug. "Thank you for all your offers, I can't..."

"Mummy," Sophie interrupts, nudging me in the arm with the phone. I trail off, looking to Sophie who is looking up at me expectedly, showing me my phone.

"You done?" I ask. She shakes her head.

"Someone wants you."

"Hm?" I ask, taking the phone from her, and I see the preview of the message still on the screen. The number is all I need, but I read the message, all the same, wanting to know what he's saying, just in case.

"Nice little heart to heart you guys are having, who will be the next to kiss you? What about me?" My breathing gets quicker at the message, and when I subtly look to the windows, I half expect to see him clinging to the outside of one of them, staring in at me.

I dismiss the notification and pass it back to Sophie, hoping to keep a calm exterior. She resumes her game almost instantly, and I dismiss the topic with the guys as well. I try to think up an excuse, but the worry of Tanner being in the apartment somewhere, especially where it's not mine. The thought of Ryder and Trystan being in danger because of me warning them of Tanner knowing what's going on right now nags away until I finally blurt it out in a rush of words that I don't know if they quite make sense.

"Tanner in knows heart?" Brody asks, reeling his back to get a better look at me.

"What?" I ask the stupid question pulling me out of the state of hysteria.

"That's what you just said," he replies, and upon looking to the other guys I receive confirmation, that I in fact did say that. I shake my head, trying to collect all of the thoughts flying around in my head, before slowing down and explaining to them, that Tanner can see us.

Hey guys! Sorry for the delay again, and for it being short (it's originally meant to be one whole chapter obviously), I had builders start on my house today, and the last couple of days have been a bit hectic with trying to get ready for them but they're now here so the stress is off.

I ended up using the popular vote of "You've got mail, but some of it's delayed." so any theories on what's "delayed".

The next part will be up in a week, on the 23rd of November.

Has Tanner gone as far as sticking himself to the side of the building, on a window?

What did you think?

What do you want to/think will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing, and following!

CC ;)