4

" Are you nervous ?"
Yoongi moves towards an empty corner of the office trying to find a silent spot.

" A little bit."
Jimin says, trying his best to stay calm. Yoongi could sense younger's nervousness just from his voice.

" Don't be. Everything will be fine."
He fixes the phone on his ear, leaning on the window frame watching the outside view.

He hears Jimin sighing on the other side. He should have gone with the younger but Jimin denied saying that he wants to go alone.

" When will you be done with the procedure ? I'll come fetch you."
He looks at the time it was around 2, he should leave early today.

" You don- ' Park Jimin'!"
The assistant's voice cuts him mid sentence, indicating it was his turn.

" I guess it's my turn now."
Jimin clenches the phone in his hand nervously, his hands becoming sweaty.

" Jimin. It'll be okay. Now take a deep breath and don't panic."
Jimin thanks him before ending the call , moving towards the changing room to change into the hospital gown.

His heartbeat races as he lays on the metallic bed, the doctor talking with his assistants as he glances smile towards Jimin trying to calm him down. For a moment he thinks about calling Yoongi but he knows he shouldn't, after all they don't have a relationship like that and Yoongi was already done with his part.

" So , Mr. Park, are you ready ?"
The doctor gives him a shoulder pat.
Jimin nodes with a nervous smile.

" Before we start I just want to tell you that the chances of getting lucky on your first try is very slim so don't lose hope if you don't get pregnant."
He already knows that, he knows he can't get pregnant on the first try. It takes years for some people to conceive a baby with artificial insemination, but there's something inside of him that hopes he's lucky enough to succeed in his first try.

" Now try to relax and open your legs."
Jimin flushed at that but he already knew about the process so he did as he was asked to do.

" Okay, that's good. Now we'll start with the process. Try not to stress."
Jimin averts his gaze towards the ceiling counting his breaths as a way to divert his mind from thinking about it.

He closes his eyes, tries to picture the perfect future he has always dreamt about. There was a time where his perfect future involved a loving partner but now he just wants a baby and nothing else.

" You can change Mr. Park then we'll talk about the important things."
The doctor smiles at him, taking off his gloves.
Jimin nods, carefully trying to stand up from the bed, he places his hand on his flat stomach where the baby might be planted right now.

He quickly changes back into his clothes, walking back to the doctor's office. He's taken aback when he sees Yoongi already sitting there discussing something with the doctor. He wasn't expecting Yoongi to come into the doctor's office.

" Oh Mr. Park. Please have a seat."
Jimin sits on the chair next to Yoongi. Yoongi's eyes follow his every movement.

" How're you feeling ?"
Yoongi places his hand on top of Jimin's knee.
" Good."
Jimin reassures him with a smile.

" I'll tell you about the main points now."
The doctor says catching their attention.

" Although we have already planted the embryo, we would need to know if the plantation was successful or not. So you've to take absolute care of yourself for the next two weeks. No stress, no strenuous activity. Medications are really important so don't miss them. And try to maintain a healthy diet."
He writes it on a piece of paper, handing it out towards Yoongi.

" The following two weeks will be very crucial so take care okay. "
Yoongi listens attentively, taking every possible mental note.
Jimin plays with his fingers as his heart races at every detail the doctor says.

" You can sit in the car and I'll be back with your medicines."
Yoongi passes out the keys to Jimin before running back to fetch the medicines.

While waiting in the car, Jimin spots some pregnant couples smiling widely as they rub their baby bumps. He looks down at his stomach, rubbing it slightly. It looks flat just like ever.

" Here."
Yoongi's voice made him retort his hand back from the stomach. He takes the medicine from him, placing it on his lap.

The drive back home was mostly silent, some songs playing in the background as Jimin kept on looking outside the window mesmerized in his own thoughts. And Yoongi would sneak some glances at him, his eyes eventually drifting towards his stomach.

Yoongi pulled up in front of Jimin's apartment , detaching their seat belts. He quickly stepped out of the car, opening the door for Jimin.

Jimin giggles a little at Yoongi's gentleness. Yoongi moves towards the back of the car taking out something from the trunk, Jimin eyes it curiously as to what it is.

" Let's go."
Yoongi shuts the car trunk, rolling his luggage behind him.

" What's this ?"
Jimin points towards the luggage.

" The doctor said you should take care of yourself and I know how clumsy you can be so I'll be your savior."
He tries to act like superman but fails miserably but he succeeded in making Jimin laugh.

" Stop."
He hits Yoongi lightly, giggling at the older.

" So you're going to take me inside or I'd have to stay in my car ? "
Yoongi stops rolling the luggage, and takes out his car keys.

" The car might be a better option.''
Jimin continued to walk inside leaving a surprised Yoongi behind.

" Hyung, come fast it's freezing."
Jimin shouts, gaining Yoongi's attention. Yoongi ran towards the door, placing the car keys back in his pocket.