Werecoyote Drama

Chapter 2

We ran after Scott and we finally caught up to him. Stiles screamed then he flashed the light and saw it was Scott. “Oh.” He panted out. “I think we found something.” Stiles states. “So did I.” Scott replies.

Stiles leads us to a coyote den. “It's a coyote den.” “Werecoyote.” Scott corrects. I pick up a article of clothing. “I think this is Malia's. Remember she was wearing the same thing in the photo.” I mutter.

“We shouldn't be in here.” Scott states. “What do you mean?” Stiles asks. “She's not gonna come back now. We just invaded her home. Our scent's going to be everywhere.” Scott replies.

“If she's not going to come back here, where's she going to go?” Stiles questions. “I don't know.” Scott replies.

“Can you track her now? You think you got her scent?” I ask. “Maybe. But I'm better at this when I'm a full wolf. And I'm still worried that if I do it, I won't be able to turn back Scott says voicing his fears.

“The door's still open.” I mutter.

“If I can't get to Derek, we're gonna have to find someone else to help.” Scott states. At the mention of Derek's name I feel a twinge in my gut.

I push it down and focus on my friends. “This is basically a crime scene right? I think it may be a little out of Deaton's league.” I comment. “And more in my dads.” Stiles replies.

+

We called the sheriff and they started searching and collecting evidence. While us three stand off to t he side.

Sheriff walked over to us. “You sure it was her?” He asks us. “I looked her right in the eyes. And they glowed just like mine.” Scott states.

“It makes sense, Dad.” Stiles adds. “But it wasn't a girl. It was a four-legged coyote, right?” Sheriff questions.

“Well, okay. But yeah, see, that's the point that we don't exactly have figured out yet.” I stammer.

“Okay, but if it was a full moon she did change while her mom was driving then anything could've happened.” Scott argues.

“Horrible things could've happened. Ripping, shredding, tearing things.” I add.

“Which probably caused the accident.” Scott says. “Think about it, Dad, all right. They're driving, Malia starts to change, she goes out of control, the mom crashes and everybody dies...”

“Except for Malia.” I cut in. “She blames herself, all right, goes off running into the woods and eventually becomes trapped inside the body of a coyote.” Stiles finishes.

“That makes sense. In a Chinese folktale!” Sheriff snaps. We all share a look of shock.

“Guys, this is....This is insane. I need this kept quiet. The three of you, not a word. I don't want anyone hearing about this. I especially don't want Mr. Tate hearing about this. Scott? Scott!” Scott looks back at us fear in his eyes.

What did he just see?

“Sorry. What did you say?” He whispers. Before Mr. Stilinski can answer another car pulls up with flashing lights. “Oh, hell.” Sheriff mutters.

Mr. McCall excuse me Mr. Asshole and Mr. Tate get out of the vehicle.

“Mr. Tate.” Sheriff greets. Mr. Tate grabs the fabric in Sheriff's hands. “Mr. Tate?” He questions. “It's hers.” Mr. Tate chokes out. “All right, wait here.” Sheriff says.

“Dad.” Scott starts. “I'll talk to you in a minute. Actually both of you. I wouldn't mind hearing how your mom's okay with you running around in the woods this late.” He snaps shooting a look at us.