A Year

A year.  A whole year you were robbed of your best friend, your only companion, a woman you loved.  

Every day was the same.  Wake up, go train, maybe go on a mission for a couple of days with Master Plo or another Master, go to bed.  You never saw Ahsoka.  

You couldn't even begin to describe the loneliness you felt without her.  It felt as if the whole world had gone cold, leaving you alone in the dark.  Those two years with Ahsoka by your side were the best years of your life, and now...

You couldn't do this.  Not now.  It wasn't the time for wallowing.  You had to focus on this mission.  You were older now, more mature.  You had grown taller, growing into your body.  Your skills had improved 10-fold, and you were confident in your abilities as a young Jedi.  The Trials were only months away, and you didn't feel a shred of doubt.  

For this mission you were paired with Anakin Skywalker, the renowned Chosen One.  You felt truly honored to be with him.  It hurt you to know that he was Ahsoka's master, before she got expelled.

Rumors had flown about the temple about the mysterious disappearance of Ahsoka Tano.  Some say she was eaten by Jawas, others say she died in her sleep.  But all those rumors were cast out when Yoda visited the other Padawans saying that Ahsoka had been expelled.  He also said that this was just a misunderstanding on the Jedi's part, so they asked her back.  He said he was sad to see her turn down the opportunity.  

You died that day.  You would never see her again.  

You were overwhelmed with a deep depression, then a fiery anger at the Jedi.  They expelled her!  You couldn't take that grief, and made the embarrassing decision to run out of the room.  You regretted it immediately after.

You shrugged off your memory, and gazed out the window of your republic ship.  You were still on Coruscant, but would be departing momentarily. Your hands were clasped behind your back, your shoulder close to Skywalker's.  You were wearing your traditional Jedi robes, minus the cloak.  You thought excess clothes would just distract.  Your hair was up in a braided bun, tight and out of your face.  You sighed.

"Something wrong?"  Skywalker asked, looking to you.

"No, Master.  Just thinking about the mission". You fibbed.

"Good!  I'd hate to mess this up.  Obi Wan would kill me if..."

You zoned off, placing your hands on your hips to your lightsaber.  This was not the lightsaber you used to pin Ahsoka to the wall by accident that one time.  That one was stolen by the notorious General Grievous.  That guy has a weird things for lightsabers...

Anyway,  your previous blue lightsaber was gone, and was now transformed into a new, dark green lightsaber.  You really did prefer this one.

"Anakin...

A voice whispered in your head, and you could sense it whispering in General Skywalker's head as well.  Your head whipped around, looking for the source of the smooth voice, but you didn't see anything.

"Master, do you--" you asked.

"Shh!"  Skywalker hushed you.  

"Anakin...is that you?"

The voice was so familiar, like you had heart it a thousand times before, but you couldn't put your finger on it.

You narrowed your eyes and looked to the General.  His eyes were glossy, but he didn't shed any tears.  

"Princess?"

The voice breathed into your head.  You looked out the window and saw a small ship flying by off the planet of Coruscant.  You sensed three life forms, two who's Midichlorian counts were very low.  One's was very high, as if it was screaming at you.  You could almost make out the shape of the figure...The voice spoke again.  

"why are you--"

It was cut off when the ship jumped into Hyperspace. 

Your eyes widened. Your stomach curled into a knot. You knew who it was.

Ahsoka.