Hideout

Cheryl POV

I didn't know how but we've managed to maintain our position from last night until morning. I didn't get off Finn, and he didn't turn, so yes! I was lying on top of his shirtless skin.

"Good morning." I felt him heave a sigh.

Smiling. "Good morning."

After that, none among us brought up a dialogue. We just stayed in bed, cuddling in the comfortable atmosphere of the early morning.

Finn even silent his phone after it went off twice.

After what felt like an hour, I forced myself to ask the question I'd been meaning to. "You take all those things?" I gestured to the weeds and everything on his nightstand.

He was wordless; he only heaved another sigh.

"Those are cocaine Finn, aren't they?" I asked as I kept observing those dangerous drugs from a distance. "Why?" I pushed.

"Why not?" He asked.

"Because it is not good for you." Unlike him, I could easily answer the question.

"What does it matter?"

"It does matter. You're too young; those things will kill you before you know it." My voice was soft under his raspy-annoyed tone.

He snorted. "I never expected to live long, for your information."

Those words hit somewhere in me I couldn't specifically point out that I remained mute and only focused on breathing.

Maybe it was because of my disappointing demeanor, but Finn finally turned over to his side, and I had to shift to my side, laying my head on a pillow just like he did until we were facing each other.

"You have no idea how much this means to me." He smiled. "You're the best thing that ever happened to me, and for this?" He motioned between him and me. "I would forever be grateful."

I couldn't look at him in the eyes. Every ounce of me was reacting to his words.

That I found myself pleading. "Then stop, please. You have a lot of beautiful things ahead, don't waste it."

When my hurting eyes met him, he was surprisingly staring at me as a small smile played on his lips. "It's the way of my life... I have nothing left, Cheryl." There was a certainty in his tone that stung me right in my chest.

Without thinking, I blurt out. "You have me. If that's what it will take, I'm here... right next to you."

His stare depth into me. "Not because you want to." He murmured.

I shake my head when I cut my gaze. "I want you to stop because I want you too, Finn." I gave him those simple yet strong words.

He wasn't done processing my words when I bit my bottom lip and closed the space between us.

"I want you to be healthy when you're ninety; when you've achieved everything you deserve for what you did to those kids yesterday and even others I have no idea of." My voice was low and shaky, but I wanted him to know life was worth living, mostly when a lot of lives depended on him.

"I'm messed up. I'm a bad person." He swallowed sadly.

"No one is perfect, Finn."

It took almost ten seconds after those words left my mouth when I felt his lips cautiously sweeping against mine, but he pulled away so fast, he looked terrified.