Future

Cheryl POV

I stayed alert the whole day, waiting for the news to go viral on television, but there was nothing new apart from the death of the former mayor or perhaps the former corrupted mayor.

I was nervous, worried about what I'd revealed. I was supposed not to talk. Why did I have to speak? I was mad at them that I just exposed who Finn really was.

On my bed, I was shaking as tears spilled out from my eyes. All I wished was to take everything back. I've never wanted anything so bad the way I wanted to refresh my parents memory.

Finn was me, and I was him, and at that moment, we both had something to share in my stomach, but I just destroyed the plan of a promising future.

A soft creaky sound of the window startled me, and I promptly shot my eyes in the direction.

And there he was. Just like that, he was standing by my homework desk. He was his usual self, with all-black outfits and roughly tousled hair. He had that smile that could easily wipe away the pain of torture in my chest.

But at that moment, instead of running into him for solace, I angrily stood up.

"What are you doing here?" My voice was shaky, yet it was boiling with anger.

The smile he had suddenly faded, and frown took over his feature. "I was missing you."

He had no idea how much I was missing him, so his words only weakened me further that some tears escaped my eyes. "Finn, you can't just come here. You're the most wanted person in this town. Why would you do that?" I faintly asked.

Why would he take such a risk?

"They don't know who I am. They have nothing against me." He immediately said, and my eyes looked away from him-I was afraid he could be able to see through me.

Although my reaction was too obvious, he was quiet for a while before he asked. "Do they?"

I couldn't do it anymore. I couldn't.
The sobs came; I couldn't control the aching feeling in my heart.
Sharon was right. I was a grenade.

"I-I I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I was shivering as I struggled with the whimpers.

It took a while before I felt his arms wrap me up and his head on top of mine. "Shhh, it's okay." He whispered.

What?

I pulled away sharply, almost violently. "You think it's okay? Everything went out of plan. Can't you see? Can't you see it's all falling apart?"

"Ninety-nine days for the criminal, one day for the police, Cheryl."

How can't he see how much I wanted him? I needed him more than I needed anyone.

"No! No! No Finn, you don't get to decide that, you don't..." he interrupted me

"Cheryl..."

"I'm pregnant." I blurted and paused to see his reaction.

His eyes stopped blinking, his lips parted, and I believed breathing was the only activity going on in his system.

Finn POV

I was going to be a father.

"Please tell me the truth. You're not kidding." I muttered.

"Yes, Finn." She replied timidly.

My eyes began to water, and I suddenly realized I was weeping like an idiot in front of Cheryl, and I didn't know how to stop it.

"I'm going to be a father?"