Ambush

Cheryl POV

"Don't shoot. Clear every evidence and stay low in the underground." Finn instructed his men.

"But sir..." A man started, but Finn interrupted him. "Do. Not. Shot." He growled at them. He was getting annoyed over the stress.

"Take Cheryl with you. Steph and I will cover-up." Liam informed Finn.

Finn's slightly hooded eyes stopped on his friend. "You sure? You shouldn't get in trouble." He concernedly uttered.

I could see the rising and felling of Liam's chest when he pulled Steph into his arm as he began. "There is no residence around here. This is our house. We built two years ago and have been staying here together with my wife." Boldly he certified to Finn.

"We need papers." Steph blurted. She was just as pale as I was; it was like the last drop of blood in our veins had been drained out.

Liam looked left and right and swallowed. "Is not here. We can always say it's with our parents."

"We can get you a copy in five. We'll work on it and send you through the dining room fax." Justin told Liam and Steph.

Okay, that's helpful.

"Get out of here now," Liam commanded. I didn't hear Finn refusing, though.

I wasn't functioning; I could only stare at them all. I was in a stage that had me forgetting the purpose of survival because my heart and brain were thumping than deciding my fate.

Until Finn faced me, with his hand held out, hoping for me to take.

His eyes told all the emotions going through his mind. He was fearful, pleading, and dubious. Above all, he desperately needed me.

What that moment meant was I could be able to see Eureka springs, I could be able to see my family and Mal, that meant I might even write my final exam with my mates.

All it would take was stalling or an actual scream when we got to the right place.

My eyes were on Finn's hand, but I could feel everyone's eyes on me. The room was quiet, and the air had turned tensioned. That was the most challenging choice I had to make, but at the end of the day, there must be a decision, and I made one.

I knew the consequence of following Finn, yet I did. I took his hand and nodded-bringing life to his doleful eyes.

The relief sigh he let out encouraged me to run off with him barefooted through the hallways.

"Stay safe," Liam called, but none among us replied. I hoped Finn keep us safe. At that moment, I was fully dependent on him.

There were men around the narrow corridors pulling out boxes from different doors. I'm sure they were cleaning up all those illegal stuff as Finn had commanded. While instead, we head to the third floor.

"We need to leave, not hide up here. What if they get here? They're going to get here." With panic, I fumbled my words. Samuel and Justin were behind us. The plan was to clear up all evidence in the building, including Finn's studio. Luckily Samuel had my shoes with him. They were white trainers, perfectly good for the situation we were in.

Finn's both hands grabbed my face. They were warm that I felt slightly better as he gave me assurances in his eyes. "Calm down. I'm going to protect you, I promise." Finn whispered to me, and I nodded once even though inside me was the opposite of nodding; it was dancing with fright. He smiled and released my skin to collect some black matching hoodies in the closet.