1.4

Songs for this chapter are:

Heartbeat Song // Kelly Clarkson
I Write Sins Not Tragedies // P!ATD

Bella's POV

My eyes widened at the girl who was kissing Luke hungrily, looking like she was trying to suck his face off.

Luke's hands immediately went to her waist, and it was like a slap to the face. Her arms flew around his neck, and I shook my head.

She pulled away, smirking to herself. "Why haven't you called?" She said, pouting slightly.

Luke's eyes, almost as wide as mine, turned to look at me. "Bella I-"

"No," I shook my head. "I get it." I lied, turning and running up the staircase. My vision blurred slightly and I reached for my doorknob, slamming the door behind me.

I should have fucking known. He's still the same Luke that fucks whatever girl he sees.

I paced back and forth in my room, vaguely hearing some yelling from downstairs.

After a couple minutes, I heard someone in the creaking hallway. "Bella!" I turned to see the handle turning. Before it could open I leaned against it, my hands fumbling to find a lock, but since the handle was turned from the other side, it wouldn't lock. I leaned all my weight against it, but the door opened.

"Get out!" I pushed at his chest, but he didn't move an inch. He caught my wrists, not letting me push him anymore. "Let go," I said, not as loud as before but just as pissed off.

"Bella I swear I didn't-" he started but I didn't let him finish.

"I don't care, okay? I just don't care. Leave me alone, Luke." I looked at him, at his stupid fucking lip ring and his stupid blue eyes that probably looked at that girl just like he was looking at me.

"Listen to me!" He held my wrists, which made me want him out even more. My sleeves started riding up on my forearm, and I jerked away my wrists, yanking the the sleeves down quickly, hoping he didn't see anything. He stared at me, his expression unreadable.

I shook my head, breaking eye contact. I forced a laugh and stared at the wall. "I don't care, okay? It's not like anything would happen between us." I glanced at his eyes, which looked slightly hurt. "So get the hell out of my room." I pushed him out, slamming the door in his face and locking it.

And he let me.

Luke's POV

Fucking Megan ruined everything.

She didn't mean anything to me, she was just some girl I slept with. She texted herself off my phone so she'd have my number, and then she wouldn't leave me alone.

I made her leave, the guys too. They didn't need to know what was going on. I ran up the stairs to the door that was shut, but hopefully not locked.

I opened it slowly, but it was immediately slammed shut again. I quickly turned the knob so it couldn't be locked, pushing against the door. She yelled at me to leave her alone, but I got it open anyway. She didn't weigh nearly enough to block the door, so it was easy.

She yelled at me to go away, not looking me. "Bella listen to me!" I shouted, grabbing her wrists that were usually covered. I glanced down at the exposed wrist, but she yanked it away before I could see anything.

She shook her head, her expression no longer necessarily mad, but not.. not mad. She stared at me. "I don't care, okay?" She said, taking me aback. "It's not like anything would ever happen between us."

Could anything happen between us? I mean, yeah. It could. Of course it could.

"So get the hell out of my room." She said, pushing me out of the room again. I was too distracted by her words to focus, or to stop her from shutting the door. I heard the devastating sound of the lock, and I knew she wouldn't open it.

Because she was right.

-- four hours later --

I was standing outside the hall, pacing. It was driving me crazy not hearing her say anything back. Every couple of minutes or so, I'd knock again on the door, trying to get her to open up.

I knocked again, and this time she spoke up. "If I open the door will you leave me alone?" She mumbled.

"Yes," I lied, biting my lip ring. I heard her sigh, then the door unlocked. I quickly opened it as she sat down on the bed, facing the wall instead of me. "Bella she's-we're not-she's not-I don't like her like I like you. Or at all, really," I rambled, watching her blank face, devoid of any emotion. She didn't look like she was mad, but she didn't look happy either.

"And how do you like me?" She said, glancing at me. I caught her eyes, not wanting her to look away, but she did.

"Like I did a few hours ago when I kissed you in the basement." I looked at her, sighing slightly.

"Well you kiss a lot of people, so apparently that doesn't mean anything. Will you please just leave me alone now?" She stood up, but I couldn't leave.

"Fine. But you have to look me in the eyes and tell me that that kiss meant nothing to you." I said, standing up. I stepped closer to her, and she had to look up at me.

Her eyes met mine, and something in them changed as she said, "It was just a stupid kiss."

I looked down, nodding slightly. "I was hoping you wouldn't say that.." I mumbled, turning to the door. I grasped the cool metal, feeling like I wanted to die.

"Wait." I heard her say quickly, like she was trying to say it before she changed her mind. I stopped and looked at her. "I... Never mind." She said quietly, her eyes glancing at my lips.

I didn't hesitate. I immediately leaned down, pressing my lips against hers as she loosely wrapped her arms around my neck. The kiss was slow, but it meant so much more than when I would kiss some girl like Megan, where I was kissing her just because I could, not because I wanted her.

But I wanted Bella, more than anything.

--

*slow clap*

idek no one reads this book anyway and no one ever comments or anything 😅