2.3

Bella's POV

"It's fucking freezing out here." I laughed softly, glancing down at my bare arms-a regretted choice. It didn't matter much, though, since we were just outside his apartment building.

"Here," Jackson smiled, taking off his sweatshirt and wrapping it around my shoulders.

The fabric was thin, but I was thankful for the extra layer. "Thanks," I smiled, leaning up and pecking his cheek softly.

"Anything for you." He said, but it was quiet. "Hey Bella?" He asked.

"Yeah?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Remember that time in like, ninth grade, when we were with a few other friends, and they dared me to kiss you?" He asked awkwardly.

I laughed softly and nodded. "Yeah, but my mom came and picked me up early." I giggled quietly.

"Well... I never got to kiss you." He said.

"I guess you didn't..." I bit my lip.

He looked at me, leaning down suddenly. Before I could stop him, he was kissing me. I started to feel the weight in my chest lift, and I kissed him back, all the thoughts of Luke slipping from my mind.

His hands moved to my waist, causing goosebumps to rise on my skin. His hands were cold, and it felt nothing like kissing Luke...

"What!?" He pulled away.

"What..?" I stared at him.

"Did you... did you just say Luke?"

Did I?

"No, I-I didn't."

"What the hell, Bella." He shook his head.

"It's not my fault, or his.." I looked down.

"Why can't you see that he's not good enough for you!" he yelled suddenly, his voice echoing around the empty street. "He let you come here, without him! He left you. He doesn't care about you. If he cared about you, he'd be here, kissing you. But he's not, I'm here. I'm the one who's here." He said, kissing me again. It wasn't soft, like Luke's kisses. It was rushed, and fast, and almost painful.

But it was over quickly, as he was pulled off of me by a tall figure. "What the fuck are you doing?" A familiar voice snapped at him.

"Luke?" I gape at the blonde boy standing in front of me.

"That's my girlfriend you're harassing there, okay?" Luke shoved him back.

"Luke what are you doing here? I thought.."

"I-I'm sorry, Bell, I just.. I feel like such an asshole for not wanting you to go to New York. And I'm just really sorry and I should have said this hours ago when you were still in California because then you wouldn't have been with this asshole..." He clenched his fists. "Never mind, I'm just trying to... to say sorry." Luke ran his hand through his hair nervously, biting his lip ring.

"Have you been drinking?" I asked, then I mentally slapped myself. I should have said something better than that, but it was the first thing that came to mind.

"Um... a little." He admitted. "Im not drunk I swear, you'd know if I was because I'd be saying shit I didn't mean to say like I love you." He slapped his hand over his mouth.

"You... What?"

"Bullshit." Jackson mumbled, shoving past us and into his apartment.

"Jackson wait!" I said, quickly stepping into the doorway.

He turned and glared at me. "What?"

I glanced back at Luke, then at Jackson. "Take your sweatshirt." I tossed it at him, grabbing my bag from the doorway and shutting the door behind me.

Luke's POV

"Jackson wait!" She yelled. My heart dropped, thinking she was going with him.

Of course she was. I was a jerk.

"Take your sweatshirt," she said as she took it off, throwing it at him. I realized she was wearing the shirt-the Green Day shirt that she was wearing when I saw her the first time.

She turned around after shutting the door, looking at me. "I'm still mad at you..." she looked down.

"I know, I know," I sighed. "And um, about what I said before, I... I didn't mean to say it like that. Or at all, actually, I know you don't want to hear that..."

"I love you." She whispered.

"You love me?" I stare at her.

She nodded, smiling softly.

I kissed her softly, my hands holding her waist gently as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

She pulled away slightly. "How long are you here for?"

"I don't know, I just kind of got on a plane without thinking." I admitted, laughing quietly.

"You're an idiot," she shook her head, smiling softly. "I guess I'm staying in a hotel until my apartment's ready," she mumbled.

"Can I stay with you until I can get a flight out?"

She laughed softly. "Of course," she said, rubbing her arms quickly to try to produce some sort of friction to heat them up.

"I swear if I had a sweatshirt I would give it to you," I said, feeling like an idiot.

"It's okay, I think I still have yours from months ago.."

I felt myself smile. She still has it.

"C'mon, lets go." I said, taking her hand as we started walking to the nearest hotel.

--

I cannot go long with them being separated I break too easily cx

literally haven't updated in a month sorry :(((