Tension

I can't focus on my training the next day. That night me and Gideon continued to ignore one another. This morning as well. During training though we can't. We must acknowledge one another for the procedures to work.
I bend down into position, linking my suit to the pod. Gideon reaches out to connect his suit to the arm rests. Basic procedures.
Except now his doesn't connect.
I watch from up front as he continues to lay his arms into place. Over and over he tried.
"What the hell." He begins to get frustrated.
"What's going on?"
"It won't connect." Something must be wrong.
"Bud 78! My pod isn't connecting to my suit." Gideon calls a Bud over.
The Bud watches as Gideon proceeds to place his arms down with nothing happening. He goes back around and comes back after a few moments.
"There's nothing wrong with the Pod. Your suits appear to be fine. I assume this is the first time this has happened?" We nod. "Then there's a problem between your bond." I take a deep breath and sigh. "Any disagreements or underlying tensions are usually the case. Please, return to your hive apartment and settle your bond. You're released for the day."
Gideon and I crawl out of our pod and make our way back. It was embarrassing.
Gideon closes the door to our apartment as I flop onto the bed, my head leaning over the side.
I look over to Gideon placing his shoes in order and grabbing a towel.
"Are you showering right now?" He simply nods as an answer. I'm starting to get annoyed with all this. What's his deal already. He closes the door as I lay my head back down. I listen as he turns and walks into the shower. I should probably change too.
Ugh but I feel so lazy. I'll do it now so I won't have to wait for Gideon to be done. I sit up and begin undressing out of my suit.

GPOV:

I let the warm water wash away all my thoughts. They're inappropriate and blocking our bond. I'm already down with the shower. It was a few minutes, I wanted just a rinse to clear my mind. I change into a bland top and shorts. I walk out with a towel in my hair as Ida yells,
"Wowowoah!!!" My head is down but I hear her jump onto the bed and move the blankets.
"What?" I look up and she's under the blanket, covering herself. Blood rushes to my head and I feel it flush.
"OH." I turn around facing the opposite direction.
Did she do this on purpose?
I don't hear any movement come from her
"Gideon?..." she says softly.
A lump in my throat forms as I turn around and walk over to the bed. She watches me carefully.

IPOV

Gideon climbs onto the bed, over me again. I hold the blanket up, keeping myself covered as I stare up towards him now. He pushes me back and stares all over. I feel my cheeks grow red.
I've read about princes and princesses. Over and over. In The Frog Prince, the princess must kiss the frog. In Sleeping Beauty the princess is woken up by a kiss. It's when the two pairs place their lips on one another's. I hoped Gideon knew about this. I wanted to try it, maybe with him.

————-

Hey sorry this was short!! I had more but decided to make it it's own part. If you're enjoying this please interact with my stories!! It lets me know people actually like it and that I should keep going. Thanksss