CHAPTER 20

Isabel Beatriz De Leon

A week has passed since I last saw Jhoana. The next day after I left her in her condo is I received a call from Dad that Jhoana backed out to the project and Ged is the only one left.

 I didn't mind to ask him why because I thought it will be good for me, I have Marge now and I shouldn't be thinking about Jhoana but damn this feeling! there's not a day that I don't think about her.

It's 12 in the midnight now but I'm still thinking about her.

"Is she okay now?"

"Is she still crying?"

I'm so confused, if Jhoana left me for Ged then why does she act like she's the one who've been hurt? Like she's the one who was left behind?

It was me that she left! 

There's this confusion and guilt inside of me. I need to know the truth, I know mapapanatag lng ako if malalaman ko yung totoo.

But, what for? May magbabago ba? Marge is my girlfriend now.

but still! I need to know the truth!

Whaaaa! mabubuang na talaga ako! Tanga tanga mo Beatriz!

I know in my heart I love Jhoana but I don't want to hurt Marge. Anak ng tokneneng ka Beatriz!

I need to end this dilemma so I took my phone and call someone who can answer all my questions.

--------------------------------------------

calling Donya Ella

"Beatriz naman! hating gabi na!"

"Well hello to you too ate Ells. I'm sorry talaga Donya but I think I'm going crazy! Can I come over ate?"

"Seryoso ka niyan Beadel?!"

"Yes ate Ells, pleaseee I need you"

"*Sighs* Kung di ka lang talaga malakas sakin, bilisan mo na, I'll wait for you here."

"Thank you talaga Donya, 15 minutes nandyan na ako"

-------------------------------------------------

After that, binaba ko na yung call then umalis na ko papunta kay Donya.

I drive the car as fast as I can. In less than 15 minutes, nakarating na ako sa condo ni ate Ells. 

I knocked two time before she opened the door.

"So ano naman kelangan ng isang Beadel sa hating gabi?"

I took a deep breath, gathering all the courage that I have, I know after this a lot of things can get change, but whatever it is I deserve to know the truth.

"Please be honest to me Donya, I know only you and Jia can answer me, please be honest with me. Is there other reason why Jhoana left me 5 years ago?"

Kitang kita sa mukha ni Ate Ells na nagulat siya sa tanong ko sa kanya.

"Why are you asking this now Bei, you already said it, it was 5 years ago."

"I know Donya but I'm so confused right now. Ate, I think I'm going crazy. A week ago, I saw a crying and broken Jhoana. Why does it look like she was the victim?!  Why does she have to be like that Ate?! She was the one who left me! She was to the one who cheated on me!"

I can't control myself anymore. Gulong gulo na ako! 

"Why do you need to know Bei? Does it matter? You have a girlfriend now."