7~~ Sayaka Maizono

"Oh hey!" Sayaka gently smiled. "Are you one of Makoto's friends?"

"No, nothing even close to that." Byakuya scoffed. Makoto laughed.

"He's just joking around, we're like best friends." Byakuya rolled his eyes. A guy he just met had the audacity to call him his "best friend."

"My name's Byakuya Togami." He huffed. Makoto could tell he wasn't the best at talking to new people, especially when he didn't have a reason to yell at them.

"Nice to meet you Byakuya!" The girl warmly greeted despised the harshness the tall boy and presented. "I hope we can be great friends!"

"I'll just leave you guys for a bit, I'm going to meet up with some more neighbors." The shorter male hastily said as he dashed into an unknown. He got a good distance from them and watched them interact. Makoto really wanted his newly found friend to get more social skills. "After all how are supposed to have fun with others if you can't even say a word to them."

Makoto nervously watched. The last he wanted was an unpleasant experience for Byakuya, he need to give his antisocial buddy a good impression of being friendly. 

He couldn't really hear anything the two were saying but it seemed like they were getting along nicely.

"Hey Byakuya does Makoto have a crush on me?" Sayaka abruptly said. The blonde slightly jumped at the mention of it. "Uh... I wouldn't really know."

"Ah that's a bummer." The blue haired girl's face showed a hint of despair. "I was hoping you would know something about it since you guys have been best friends."

"He's not my best friend." He refuted. "We literally just met."

"Oh, well Makoto's always trying to be friends with everyone." The girl softly giggled. "Do you at least know anything about him."

"No, he's just a really annoying stranger." He mocked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well do you think I should confess to him, I've been thinking about it for awhile."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Those words hit Byakuya like a truck. He didn't know why but he didn't want Sayaka to get with Makoto. When she said those words it was as almost like he didn't want Makoto anywhere near her.

Then a little intrusive voice popped into Byakuya's head.

"Hey do you actually like Makoto?"

His cheeks turned pink as the thought began to seem more and more true. He might've actually liked Makoto, like actually like him. 

As much as he wanted to say no, he felt that was selfish. Sayaka has known Makoto longer, she probably deserves him more. Which that thinking was different to what he always believed. He thought he deserved everything and he was entitled to everything, but he felt that Makoto was just to good for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yeah you should." Byakuya lied through his teeth.

"Really?" Sayaka grinned. "I feel like I can really do it now!"

The heir was starting to feel more and more uneasy the more she talked about Makoto, like he was slowly losing him.

The luckster thought they'd talked for enough as he casually ran back up to them, hoping they didn't find anything suspicious.

"Where did you go?" Byakuya looked down on him.

Well I guess he really was suspicious. The brunette just charmingly giggled which made the blonde's heart skip a beat.

"Makoto!" The girl quickly got the shorter boy's attention. "Do you wanna meet at the cafe, the one near us we always used to go?"

"Yeah of course!" Makoto's eyes lit up. "Byakuya do you wanna come-"

"No just the two of us." Sayaka interrupted.

"You sure?"

"It's fine." Byakuya mumbled, fully aware of what Sayaka wanted.

Makoto worriedly looked up at him. "Alright."

Although the brunette knew something was up. He just hoped Byakuya was okay.

"Well I'll see you around Makoto!" Sayaka waved goodbye as she daintily jogged back home.

The luckster gently smiled back. "Bye!"

"Wanna stay in my place tonight, since I'm with Sayaka tomorrow." He grinned widely.

"Fine, although you owe me triple." Makoto chuckled at the overused threat his friend kept bringing up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'M SO SORRY!"

The two had returned to the Naegi Household, finding a very apologetic resident.

"It's whatever." The progeny scoffed at Komaru, which didn't make the situation too much better.

It was the first time Byakuya had walked into a house worth less than a million. The walls were chipped in some places, there were some spiders lurking around, and overall a bunch of things you wouldn't find in a multimillion dollar mansion. Makoto found it pretty funny seeing him being freaked out from the most normal things.

Soon the sky began to darken and the night had came upon them. A sleeping arrangement would have to be made.

"You'll sleep here." Makoto directed Byakuya to his room he'd be spending the night in. There were a few posters of popular animes, a couple clothes lying on the floor, and was overall a tiny bit messy but still livable.

"I hope this is good enough for you." He nervously said. The brunette was fully aware that this definitely didn't live up to the blonde's expectations.

But for Byakuya he didn't mind the fact that this room was cheap. The fact that it belonged to Makoto made it seem so magical.

"Honestly what a sad excuse of a room, I wouldn't even let rats sleep here." The heir sneered.

"Well too bad you're gonna sleep here!" The luckster playfully teased which made Byakuya's cheeks turn slightly pink. "Goodnight!"

Makoto closed the door and left the room to sleep on the couch, which left Byakuya alone with his thoughts.

"You totally like him don't you?"

"What?! Are you actually falling for such an annoying peasant?"

"Honestly, what has happened to the great Byakuya Togami?"

"That Sayaka girl already likes him, you don't stand a chance."

These thoughts kept barging in his head. Every time he tried to get them to stop they just kept coming.

Byakuya stripped himself of his clothes until he remained in his underwear and went to bed, although the scent of Makoto through the sheets only fueled those uncomfortable thoughts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N hey guys I'm glad a lot of people are enjoying this story so I wanted to ask if I'm updating enough. Should I update more, cus I usually update once a month? Or is it enough? Idk lol

~~epix74