Chapter 10

The Next Day
Benny's POV
I woke up from a great dream. If only if only the woodpecker sighs. This song was a song my mother used to sing to me. I don't know why I'm singing it now. Anyway in 2 weeks was the so called "talent show" but I think it's a singing competition since basically everybody sings.

I decided I was going to enter. For once in my lifetime my voice is going to be put to good use. I was thinking which song I was going to sing when my phone started ringing. I looked to see who it was. Of course it was Alison. I sighed and answered.

"Whaddya want Ali?" I said

"Just wanted to let Ya know that what I did yesterday was the first step of revenge. " I think I heard a smile when she said that.

"Goddammit Alison what the hell did Tyler do to you?!"

"She took you away from me!"

I sighed "I'm not dating her whatsoever!"

"Still she gonna get it so badly. " And after that she hung up.

I went outside to get on the bus. When I step onto the bus I see everybody looking at me with a worried face. "What?!" I ask them. Then this girl in my Math class stands up and says "Look for yourself."

That's when I see Alison standing by a body that was on the floor. If it wasn't for the green highlights I would've never have gotten help. After Alison saw me she kicked Tyler in the stomach 5 more times.

I run to the bus driver and tell him what happened. Thankfully we were already at the school. He called the principle in and had everybody go into the gymnasium. "I will talk to you later Ms. Martinez!" Said Mr. Morassco

She rolled her eyes and say down. He gave us a big lecture and had everyone but me write an 8 paragraph essay to Mr. And Mrs. Smalls to apologize and a separate letter to Tyler.

I went to Tyler's house at the end of the day and gave her mother some roses I got before I went there. I saw Tyler on her bed laying down singing "Jailhouse Rock" By Elvis. She had the voice of an angel.

"The warden threw a party in the county jail.
The prison band was there and they began to wail.
The band was jumpin' and the joint began to swing.
You should've heard those knocked out jailbirds sing.
Let's rock, everybody, let's rock.
Everybody in the whole cell block
was dancin' to the Jailhouse Rock.

Spider Murphy played the tenor saxophone,
Little Joe was blowin' on the slide trombone.
The drummer boy from Illinois went crash, boom, bang,
the whole rhythm section was the Purple Gang.
Let's rock, everybody, let's rock.
Everybody in the whole cell block
was dancin' to the Jailhouse Rock.

Number forty-seven said to number three:
"You're the cutest jailbird I ever did see.
I sure would be delighted with your company,
come on and do the Jailhouse Rock with me."
Let's rock, everybody, let's rock.
Everybody in the whole cell block
was dancin' to the Jailhouse Rock.

The sad sack was a sittin' on a block of stone
way over in the corner weepin' all alone.
The warden said, "Hey, buddy, don't you be no square.
If you can't find a partner use a wooden chair."
Let's rock, everybody, let's rock.
Everybody in the whole cell block
was dancin' to the Jailhouse Rock.

Shifty Henry said to Bugs, "For Heaven's sake,
no one's lookin', now's our chance to make a break."
Bugsy turned to Shifty and he said, "Nix nix,
I wanna stick around a while and get my kicks."
Let's rock, everybody, let's rock.
Everybody in the whole cell block
was dancin' to the Jailhouse Rock.

When she was done she was startled when she saw me. "How long have you been standing there?!" I smirked and said "Long enough to hear your beautiful voice, you should sing in the talent show you'd definitely get 1st place!" She shook her head and blushed but looked away. "I am. My mom is forcing me to go." I smiled and said "Good cause I'm gonna go!" She rolled her eyes and put her head phones back on. She searched through her playlist and picked "Rolling In the Deep" by Adele. I left her to rest and thought about what song I was gonna sing. That's when it hit me. I knew exactly what song to sing for the talent show. It would be perfect!