Moss x Midnight (this isn't what it looks like, i swear)

We do not stan pedos so this "ship" is not gonna be as...disturbing...as Lukas'.

("I will gobble you up in the same way my mom did when she played with my dad" is my fav line I've ever written of all time. Dan had to read that. I wonder how he felt, and I semi-apologize.)

***

"I'm so depressed," Midnight sighed. She was alone. Again. She muttered to herself, "I'm always alone with my mashed potatoes and UNO cards. No one ever wants to play with me."

"If one may ask, how does one indulge in this...UNO?"

Eyebrows raised, she turned around. "Who...who are you?" she asked.

His face was expressionless. It was almost unsettling and uncanny. "I am named Moss. What name do others associate you with?"

"...Midnight," she said, her voice on question and edge.

"Yes. Midnight." He nodded as if it was a deep word to understand. "It appears that you have not been yourself lately due to the calculation of chronic loneliness, if I am not mistaken."

"You...aren't." She hated to admit it.

"Then if I may, I will partake in increasing your serotonin levels."

She tilted her head, flustered. "...What?"

He stared into her soul, unfazed. "As you commoners proclaim it, I would love to..." He drifted off. "...hang out...with you."

Midnight lit up. "Ah! That'd be so delightful!" She clapped her paws together, excited for the fun awaiting them both.

"It is not delightful," Moss said, "It is a necessary task to ensure the vitals of a fellow feline. It is my duty as a member of the wealthy class. Sometimes it is a burden, but overall, it is beneficial to the majority, for we do not want the hassle when the loner yields to the clinginess."

"Loner? Hahahahahaha," she laughed, tears in her eyes. Whether they were tears of happiness of distraught were quite unknown. "Yeah, yeah, enough talk! Play UNO with me!" She handed him a stash of seven cards and set up the game with its separate piles. "I can't believe this is happening! I'm dreaming! Oh, we're going to have so much fun! You get me better than my own son and husband does! Did you know Lukas is a pain? I can't believe I gave birth to that piece of shit. Maybe I should replace him with you...."

Moss looked down at his cards. Somehow, they were all green, but he didn't question it. "...Am I going to gain enjoyment from this...UNO?"

She grinned. "Absolutely!"

"If you declare so," he said. Suddenly, the littlest smile curved upon his lips. "If these UNO cards enlighten you with such joy, I am unobligated to question." 

***

Wow, this is actually kinda pure. See, Tranquil! It isn't horrifying for once!