claudia and the phantom phone calls.

(I HAVE ABSOLUTELY GIVEN UP WITH THESE OUTFITS. COPE WITH IT 😀. ALSO, IF THERES NO SHOE OPTION, JUST IMAGINE WHITE VANS.)

"HEY, DAPHNE, WAIT UP!"

Daphne turned around and was greeted with the face of Cindy Hopper.

"Hi, Cindy! What's up?" Daphne asked cheerfully, her cuffed overalls hanging loose away from her ankles.

"Wanna walk to art class together? Also, have a easel besides me? I need someone to tell me if it actually looks like a tree or if I'm just going insane." Cindy giggled.

"Of course. We better start heading over there." Daphne pointed out.

••••

"I THINK IT DOES."

Daphne studied Cindy's artwork, nodding.

"It totally does."

"But how? I don't see it. Yesterday, I did, but today, I don't! It's insane." Cindy said, tapping her paintbrush on her easel.

"Turn your head a little to the right and go down about two inches." Daphne explained.

Cindy did was she was told, and then nodded.

"Oh! Now I see it!" Cindy giggled, as Daphne smiled brightly at her.

"So, what did you paint?" Cindy asked.

"Oh, it's bad. Don't look-"

Cindy didn't listen, but looked at her artwork.

It was a family of three ducks. They looked quite happy, sitting in front of a pond. It looked very realistic.

"This is amazing!" Cindy exclaimed.

"Really? I dunno..." Daphne shrugged, cracking her knuckles.

"I agree, it looks awesome." Stacey said from besides Daphne's easel, her two friends being on both sides of her.

Stacey then looked at Cindy, who looked at her.

"Stacey McGill." The blonde introduced.

"Cindy Hopper." The dirty blonde with freckles did the same.

"That's really nice."

The three girls looked up to see Trevor, Claudia huge mega over-dosing crush, complimenting her artwork.

Claudia smiled, her watermelon earrings moving.

"It's got kind of an Elizabeth Peyton vibe." Trevor commented.

"You know her work?" Claudia asked.

"She and my dad used to show together at the Chelsea Hotel back in the 90's." Trevor informed her.

"Wow! I mean...Cool. That's cool." Claudia corrected herself.

Daphne popped her lips.

"It's hard to get that kind of translucency with oils, but...you nailed it." Trevor said.