IX. Secret Love

Genre(s): Romance, Slight angst

Story Description: With the rays of the limelight beating down on them, Win and Bright's love struggles to keep its burning flame.

Author's Note: This one-shot was inspired by the song "Secret Love Song" by Little Mix ft. Jason Derulo. At first, I thought the song was simply about a relationship that's not socially acceptable (i.e., having an affair). But right after the song was released, Little Mix replied to a tweet about the song being "an LGBT anthem". So, I listened to the song again and realized that the lyrics have more meaning to it than what I have first expected. The song could actually apply to the struggles the LGBTQIA+ community face when coming to terms with their sexuality and showing affection to their partners in public.

With that said, please enjoy reading!

-

When you hold me in the street

And you kiss me on the dancefloor

I wish that it could be like that

Why can't it be like that?

'Cause I'm yours

When Bright and Win fell in love with each other, they couldn't have predicted how hard it would be. They thought that because their hearts beat for one another, because they lived off of each other's breath, nothing could possibly come between them. Because when you meet your true love, the one you're destined to spend the remainder of your time with, it's supposed to be forever, right? That's what they thought when they first fell in love.

We keep behind closed doors

Every time I see you, I die a little more

Stolen moments that we steal as the curtain falls

It'll never be enough

But then as the months trailed on, the petals that made up their secret love began to fall. Win was there to catch the first petal and he hasn't let it wander from his hand since. It was the first time they almost got caught by their manager. They were backstage at a television talk show to promote their BL series, one moment talking and rubbing their fingers together as their hands loosely clutched together. The moment seemed perfect and normal until their manager rushed by them and Bright quickly pulled his hand away from Win's. Win has never been the type of person to care about what other people think of him; it's just a quality he learned that he has to have in order to live as happily as he wishes to. But when Bright first pulled his hand away over a mere pair of eyes that didn't even notice them, he started to care. And he couldn't help but care even more as the months trail on.