thirty six (part 3)

harry and serenity reached the room, they looked at each other before harry poured the tears into the pensieve.

harry and serenity dipped their heads in as they saw two sisters, fighting.

"youre a freak!" one said. then they saw a boy, young severus. they then saw lily and james together. and james bullying severus.

they then saw dumbeldore talking to severus.

"the prophecy did not refer to just one woman. it spoke of a boy and a girl born at the end of july." dumbledore spoke.

"yes, but he thinks its her children. he intends to hunt them down now, and kill them. hide them all. i beg of you." snape pleaded.

"what will i get in exchange?" dumbledore asked.

"anything." he whispered.

the twins then saw their mother talking to them, as they sat and cried in their crib.

"be safe, harry and serenity, mama and dad love you." lily whispered to the twins.

a light then flashed, and severus and dumbledore appeared again in the office.

"you said youd keep them safe." snape cried.

"they put their faith in the wrong person, severus." dumbledore whispered.

"the twins survived!" dumbledore spoke.

"they dont need protection, the dark lord is gone."
snape said.

"he will return, and when he does the twins will be in terrible danger." dumbledore said.

the twins then saw flashbacks of severus and dumbledore talking about draco malfoy, and how he had been ordered to kill dumbledore.

"you have to be the one to kill me, severus." he said.

"there will come a time when serenity and harry potter must be told something. you will have to wait until voldemort is at his most vulnerable."dumbledore spoke again.

"what must they be told?" snape grimaced. dumbledore paused before answering.

"on the night lord voldemort went to godrics hollow to kill the twins, and lily potter cast herself between them. the curse rebounded. and when that happened a part of the dark lords soul latched itself, onto the only living things it could find, the twins themselves.". dumbledore answered.

"a part of voldemort lives inside them." he said.

"so when the time comes, the twins must die?" snape asked. dumbledore nodded.

"youve kept them alive so they can die at the proper moment, youve been raising them like pigs for slaughter." severus said.

"dont tell me now, that youve grown to care for them?" dumbledore asked.

"expecto patronum." severus said, as a deer emerged from his wand.

"lily, after all this time?" dumbledore asked.

"always." snape whispered.

"they must die, and voldemort himself must do it." dumbledore spoke. the twins were then transported back to modern day as they lifted their heads up. they looked at each other with fear.

"what are we going to do now, harry?" serenity asked.

"do you trust me?" he asked her.

"of course, i do, youre my brother." serenity spoke.

"follow me." harry ordered. the two walked out of the office down the steps of hogwarts. on the steps sat olivia and sofia, whispering to each other. they both turned around once they heard footsteps.