Chapter six

William walk through the forest with heather hot on his heels. He could hear the leaves being crushed under his feet. He push the branches out of his path making sure Heather was past it before letting go.

"Ok. Who knows where we are going? My legs hurt!" Payton wined as she slowed down and came to a halt.

"Stop wining you little bitch!" Cole yelled, while throwing his hands in the air. He glared at Payton, his eyes from of fear.

"Don't you dare talk to her like that!" Mason yelled getting in Cole's face.

"Stop fight. That is not going to help anything" Mike said calmly looking over towards Will. "Do you know where we are going Will?"

"No I'm just running away from whoever who is shooting the gun trying not to die." Will said with no emotion, his face blank.

"Great just great!" Kyle groaned and leaned on a tree putting his face in his hands.

"Hey! I didn't ask or tell anyone to follow me, so don't start boy!" Will shouted at him. Heater flinch but clanged to him none the less.

Mason walk over to Will he open his mouth to say something but his voice didn't say anything.

"Oh my! Stop fight, and follow me. You guys are so retarded." Autumn appeared in the clearing pushing past the twins and walking deeper in to the woods. Matt and Kasey ran in panting after her. "She is really fast." Matt said in between breathes.

"Are you people coming or what?" Autumn appeared again out of no where "Come on. If the house finds us. We are all dead."

'House? Dead?' William thought, As she stood there. 'Is she crazy?'

"Are you talking about that stupid story that we told last night?" Mike asked his face filled with angry. "Is this so kind of joke?"

"It's not a story." Autumn responded. She looked empty and worn; she did not look like her self. Older as if she had lived for years.

"Yes it is, Autumn. It's just a story." Heather voice was so soft and filled with worry. She spoke to her as if she was talking to a child.

"No it's real! None of you have been there and seen what I have!" Autumn yelled angrily.

'She bi-polar' He thought. 'How does heather deal with her?'

"Ok she is lost it. Who agrees?" Ace asked and raised his hand, everyone remains silent. They all seem to be going over everything in their heads.

"Fine, don't believe me! You can go die!" Autumn hissed as she turns and leaves.

A gun shot went off and someone screamed. Will scan the circle his friends stood in. Everyone stood their face shaped in horror. His eye land on Heather: his girlfriend.

"Autu- Autumn!" Matt shouted after her and pushed past Will following Autumn path. Heather eyes were very wide; a single tear fell down her cheek. She followed Matt down the path Kasey join her. He watches them all follow one by one till he was the final one left. Will looked up for a moment and just stared at the clouds. He turned and slowly walk away towards the others.

*~*~*~*~*♦*~*~*~*~*

Matt brushed the bushed the branch out of his path. He ran and ran as fast as his legs could carry him. His body becomes frozen as he enter a clearing, a house stood there looking old and worn down. He could hear foot stood behind him but he couldn't look he eyes glued to the house. A gasp came from beside him.

"Do you think?" Kasey voice was full of fear.

"NO!" Heather screamed.

Matt didn't understand he looked over to Kasey who's eye looked down. He followed her eyes. His landed on a pool of deep red water.

'No' his mind raced with this conclusion. 'That's blood.'

The blood formed a line that went up and through the front door the stood completely open.

"What is going on here?" Mike voice sound worried.

"Oh my..." He heard Libby walk past him. He watch as she stepped closer to the house. Her twin reaches and grabbers her arm keeping her from going any further.

"So what do we do?" Payton asked her lips turned down in a frown.

"We can't leave her in there!" Ace yelled stepping foward and few steps. Looking back no one had followed him. Cole sighed and spoke "Well she the one that ran away from us!"

"Cole!" Libby hit her brother on the arm "She is our friend."

"She YOUR friend!" Cole said venom in his voice.

"Cole right, it's her fault." Mason spoken but his voice didn't sound like he believed what he was saying.

"She was weird anyways." Will said. That only made Heather cried harder. She let go of Will and hugged herself.

"You people are crazy!" Kasey yelled. She look towards him and he could feel her stare.

"I'm going in. If you want to come, come. If not don't.." Matt voice faded in the the silents. Taking the first step he walked up the wooden stair and through the door.