Part 1: Chapter One

Kason

Beep beep beep

Reaching out my hand out, I slammed it on my alarm clock with a bang. Rolling over I let out a long sigh. Another day I wasn't looking forward to, another day I had to go to that horrible place grownups call school. It was more like a prison if you asked me.

Another day of getting picked on because I didn't have the latest and greatest. Sure I would love to have the latest sneakers or the newest iPhone that was coming out but I didn't, I couldn't afford it.

Growing up in the foster care system limits you when comes to things like that. Not that I was complaining I loved my Gma. She's the only person to ever come into my life and not leave. The only person who made me feel loved and wanted. Gma took me in when I was 5, after I was kicked out my last home for sticking up for the other kids who wouldn't do for themselves.

I could still remember it like it was yesterday the anger and the voice in my head telling me, urging me to fuck the boy up. The power I felt during and after the fight was addictive and scary. Something 5-year-old me didn't understand. Hell I still don't understand what happened to me.

Neither did my foster mother who threw me out without blinking an eye. Simply labeled me a trouble maker and said I had to go. Now Gma, on the other hand, took me and nurtured me as a mother would. Even with my mood swings and voices in my head gma never turned me away. As I grew older I started hearing another voice as well, fucking me up. I just knew I was going bat shit crazy.

She always said I was destined for great things and for me to not fight with the voices but to listen because they would never steer me wrong. I beg to differ. Whenever I would ask more about the voices and why I heard them the only answer I would get was in due time all things will make sense. I never really pressured her for more answers because I was happy and grateful I had somebody who was there for me no matter what.

With a huff I got out of bed stretching my 6'5 frame before gathering my stuff I would need to get myself ready for the day. I couldn't risk leaving anything in my room it would be hell having to go back only to lose my turn in the bathroom. With four other teenagers living there plus 5 smaller children leaves you with little to no hot water.

So you have to get it while you can when you can. After going into the bathroom and handling my business I was dressed and ready for the day. I was never the dressy type being that I couldn't afford shit so I put on my usual which was an all-black Hanes sweatsuit and black Nikes to match.

Making my way downstairs the smell of bacon welcomed me into the kitchen. There standing over the stove was Gma in all her glory. With her shoulder-length brown hair with strings of gray mixed in, long oval face with high cheekbones gracing her chocolate skin, still pouty lips and beautiful hazel eyes she was a sight to see. Even though she was in her 50s she didn't look a day over 30. When they made up the saying black don't crack they must've had Gma in mind.

"Are you going to come and sit or are you going to keep staring like a creep. I know I look good no need to stare" Gma said turning around with a smile on her face and a hand on her hip.

I never knew how Gma always knew I was there but she did. No matter where we where she always was able to spot me even before my growth spurt. It was like she could sense me. Smiling I made my way to our old kitchen table that was on its last legs and took a seat.

"Good morning lady, I see you woke up on the right side of the bed" I said taking note of the happy mood she was in while going over and placing a kiss on her cheek then going back to take my seat.

"That old thing please I'm lucky to even make it out of it in the morning with the way it poke my back all night. I just have a feeling about today. Like something going to happen. If it do Kas, don't engage. Just let it go." with that she turned back and continued to cook breakfast.