~Release~

Steve searched the base for Mary after he'd been turned into a super soldier. He wanted her to be there with him, but she never showed. He went to her bunker and found her necklace and a crumbled paper ball in the floor. He squatted to pick up the unfinished letter to Bucky.

"This can't be good." Steve ran out to find Peggy or Colonel Phillips.
_

Steve followed Peggy after he told her what he found. She brought him to Colonel Phillips.

"Hydra is the Nazi deep-science division." Peggy said. "It's led by Johann Schmidt. But he has much bigger ambitions. He actually kidnapped your favorite private, Colonel."

"Mary isn't my favorite private." Colonel Phillips grumbled. "At least we know she didn't go A-wall. Hydra's practically a cult. They worship Schmidt. They think he's invincible."

"So what are you gonna do about this?" The other man asked.

"I spoke to the president this morning." Colonel Phillips began to step toward Peggy. "As of today, the SSR is being released."

"Colonel." She said.

"We are taking the fight to Hydra." He said. "Pack your bags, Agent Carter. You too, Stark. We're flying to London tonight."

"Sir, if you're flying to London, I want in." Steve said. "Mary and I have been inseparable since we were kids and I can't lose her."

"You're an experiment." Colonel Phillips said. "You're going to Alamogordo."

"The serum worked." Steve said.

"I asked for an army and all I got was you." Colonel Phillips stopped in his tracks. "You are not enough."

The other man stepped up to Steve. "With all due respect to the Colonel, I think we may be missing the point." He said. "I've seen you in action, Steve. More importantly, the country's seen it. He enlistment lines have been around the block since your picture hit the newstands. You don't take a soldier, a symbol like that, and hide him in a lab,"

"Son, do you want to serve your country on the most important battlefield of the war?" The man began walking Steve.

"Sir, that's all I want." Steve said.

"Then congratulations. You just got promoted." He shook Steve's hand.
_

Johann turned the television on for Mary. "Here, you can watch your best friend succeed while I destroy you and all of your morals."

"You may be able to control my mind, but not my heart." Mary smiled. "Steve's in my heart."

Mary looked up at the television to see a whole new person from the man she remembered. His suit made her crack up. Johann punched the television.

"You're really stubborn." Johann pouted.

"I'm not stubborn, I'm a woman in 1943." Mary rolled her eyes. "It takes a lot to shake me."

"I hate you." Johann said. "I'm late for a meeting with Dr. Zola."

Mary was allowed to roam the building. All Johann had to do was say his four words and she would be under his control so it didn't really matter.

Mary decided to go to the containment cells to meet the new prisoners. She's tried to let them out before, but Johann shut that down, so now she just talks to them to make their situation a little better.

She was talking to some guys from the army when a Hydra soldier above them fell on top of the cage. Mary jumped excitedly when she saw Steve.

"Mary." He smiled.