Chapter Six

Louis and Niall went back home and each returned to their daily schedules. Most of the way anyway. Instead of just staying home, Louis went with Perrie to the modeling studio. He would've gladly went with Niall, but he couldn't just sit there during class..plus, he'd gotten the opportunity to pose with the other models. And then got some money. Honestly, he was considering starting to model here. The only thing that was stopping him was having nausea and morning sickness. Well, those, and the fact that he weighed a few more pounds than when they got engaged, and came home, seven weeks ago. 

        Niall had taken a day off just to take Louis to the doctor's, even though Louis kept trying to tell him he was fine. He didn't believe it though, because Louis was a terrible liar. So that morning, Niall got up and took his arms from Louis' body, trying not to disturb him as he went into the kitchen, making himself a cup of tea. As he stood against the counter, sipping from his tea, he heard shuffling into the bathroom, retching sounds, and then the faucet turning on. He put his tea on the counter, going into the bathroom and rubbing soft circles on Louis' back as the boy brushed his teeth. As he spit into the sink and wiped his mouth, he buried his face into Niall's neck. 

        "You should get dressed so we can leave." Niall said softly, running his fingers through Louis' hair.

        He chuckled softly. "So should you, boxer boy." 

        It was then Niall looked down and remembered he'd only been wearing boxers. "Oops. Let's just go get dressed, I don't want to be late." Niall picked Louis up and put his hands under his thighs, carrying him to the bedroom. He set him on the bed and went to the dresser, grabbing a pair of jeans and a red button up shirt. Louis sighed and got off the bed, seeing as Niall wasn't going to just toss him clothes. He went through the drawers and took out a pair of skinny jeans and a larger gray jumper with a Red Hot Chili Peppers logo on it. He didn't bother with his hair, pulling a beanie over his head. They each got shoes on and went out to the car, Niall driving while Louis looked out the window. The held hands over the center console of the car, Niall occasionally running his thumbs over the back of Louis' hand. Once they pulled into a space, Louis let out a loud groan when they both got out. 

        They walked to the entrance, hand in hand. "Niall, I'm fine, I don't need to be here."        

        "Pretty sure 'fine' isn't going to the toilet every morning to get out dinner." Niall led him up a flight of stairs and he went to the desk. "Appointment for Louis Tomlinson." The lady at the desk checked them in and almost as soon as they sat down, a doctor came and introduced herself. 

        She held her hand out to each boy. "Hello Mr. Horan and Mr. Tomlinson. I'm doctor Reynolds." She led them to a room and talked them through symptoms. Dr. Reynolds did some tests on Louis and they all came out negative. So the possible chance of a virus was out. Louis was layed on a table while Niall was in a chair near his head. "Louis, can I have you take your shirt off, please?" He nodded, slipping the jumped up and over his head. She felt around on his stomach, her eyebrows knotting in confusion. 

        Niall noticed her look, tangling a fingers in Louis' hair. "Is everything alright?"

        Slowly, she shook her head. "I'm not sure, there's only one thing I can think this to be..Louis, you have parents that live in town?"

        "Um yeah, my mum lives here.." He reached a hand up, taking one of Niall's hands. "Okay, Do you think you could have her come here within a few minutes?" Louis nodded and took his phone from his pocket. Once Louis was off the phone with Johannah, she told Louis to follow her. They were going to an X-Ray room while Niall waited for Johannah. 

        After getting a few X-Rays of Louis' insides, she led him back to them room and saw his mum was there, so she then took her to another room. "Mrs. Tomlinson I presume?" 

        Johannah nodded. "Ms. Tomlinson. But what's wrong with my son? Has something bad happened?" 

        Dr. Reynolds just laughed softly. "No no no, but there's something odd. Did you know your son has a fully functioning uterus?"

        "I've known since he was a boy, what's happening? Is his body reacting badly?" 

        "Let's go back into the room." Dr. Reynolds smiled and led her back into the room, where Niall had his arms around Louis, Louis' head on his shoulder. They all fired off the same question, same time.

        "What's wrong with Louis?" Or in Louis' case, "What's wrong with me?"

        Dr. Reynolds had a nurse bring an ultrasound machine and had Louis take his jumper off once again, and having him lay down. She put a gel on her hands and dried them off, grabbing the transducer. Slowly, she ran the transducer over Louis' stomach and an image appeared on the screen. It wasn't bigger than a blueberry, but it was there. She smiled wide, turning the screen to the other three in the room.

        "Congratulations Mr. Horan and Mr. Tomlinson! You're having a baby!" She sent a few pictures of the ultrasound to a printer. "I'll go get these images, you can wipe the gel off with these. She handed him a few towels as his face was lit with shock. Johannah, one the other hand, was ecstatic. 

        "My baby's having a baby!" Tears poured out of her eyes and she tried to wipe them, but they kept coming. Louis was rubbing the gel off his stomach and as he sat up, he looked at Niall.

        Niall had his mouth hidden in his hands, his eyes puffy and red. "Lou..you're having a baby..our baby.." His arms were once again wrapped around Louis, squeezing him softly. 

        Dr. Reynolds came back into the room, and the three sat down while she explained some things. "Well, Louis, your mum knew this could happen but didn't inform you. Now, this is rare, but you're one of the lucky men that can have a baby." She smiled, handing over the ultrasounds. "I'll be your obstetrician. Or your OBGYN, whichever you prefer to say. I'm the only one certified in male pregnancy here, so you got a bit lucky, right? Anyways, you'll need to have appointments throughout your pregnancy because we don't want anything going wrong." She said a few other things and left the three to go. 

        Johannah said her congratulations about a million times and then the two drove home. Louis was still in shock. How could he get pregnant? He didn't even have a you know..a period. He was basically a mutant. Though, Niall had convinced him this was a good thing. They were having their baby, one that would only have their DNA. In nine months, they'd be parents to a baby girl or baby boy. As they cuddled on the couch that night, Louis would rub his belly softly and then Niall would put his hand over Louis', whispering, "Our baby." and then feeling the slight bump on Louis' stomach. They fell asleep there that night. On their sides, Louis facing the inside of the couch. Neither had their shirts on, and Niall's hands were on Louis' stomach, Louis' hands over them. 

A/N: If any of you could make an edit with Louis pregnant, that'd be awesome! Also, you'll get a chapter dedication, so.