6 new start

what was he doing! sherlock didn't want this! he quickly pulled away from sherlock having one last look at his bewildered angelic face before running out of the club only to be met by a wave of rain. could this day get any worse? he sat down on the cold concrete and put his head in his hands. what was he going to do now? how could he ever face sherlock again after that. he would never be able to look at his lips the same way ever again.

he sensed someone sit down next to him. sherlock? he lifted his head and looked up to see sherlock. why was he here? surely he should be mad at john, after all he had just kissed him after all- something that john never thought he would do.

'john. why did you run away?'

'why wouldn't i! i am so sorry sherlock. i understand if this means that we cant be friends anymore and if...if you want me to move out that's fine. i understand. when do you want me out?'

'JOHN WOULD YOU SHUT UP FOR TWO MINUTES AND LET ME TALK!!'

'if you want me out by tomorrow your going to have to give me some.......'

sherlock was getting exasperated. why wouldn't john just shut up! sherlock sat there patiently waiting for john to finish rambling on but sherlock didn't have any patience for that.

he leant forwards and shut john up with a kiss. it wasn't as passionate as the last as it took john by immediate surprise and wasn't at all ready for it. sherlock pulled way quickly and tried to deduce what it was that john was thinking. what was that on his mind? love? anger? surprise? sherlock couldn't tell. for once in his life he was left baffled and wasn't sure what to say. oh his stupid doctor. he though sherlock didn't feel the same way! well that really is stupid. didnt john know anything?

john was startled. then it clicked. sherlock had kissed him. sherlock had flirted with him. sherlock was always there for john when he needed him. did he?... like him back??

john softly whispered: 'oh' and sherlock acknowledged the look of recognition in his eyes. he understood. he understood that sherlock loved john. so much that he could never tell him in fear that it would ruin what relationship they already had. he understood that sherlock wanted that war doctor to be his. 

with all of this in mind they gazed longingly into each others eyes and embraced each other. like long lost friends would. they stood up and sherlock handed john his umbrella, grabbed his hand and pulled him back to their flat. both sherlock and john could tell this wasn't the end, this was only the beginning and as sherlock dragged john back to the 221b baker street they both had big grins on their faces. both as equally excited as the other as they thought about the night to come.