Chapter 5

A tile cracks in the distance and Jihyo snaps to attention as she follows the sound. There are about thirty of the undead that are barely a minute away from them.

"What do we do now?" She gives a hopeless glance at Nayeon who swallows thickly.

"I am going to try and keep them away." Nayeon's voice is confident but the grip she has on her baseball bat is trembling. "Meanwhile you girls look for a loose window or another way to get inside."

Mina knows Nayeon is terrified. It moves something in her chest. "We're not leaving without you Nayeon-chan." She says softly with an air of finality. "I'm going to try and get the code cracked."

Nayeon doesn't argue because she knows there's only a little chance they'd find a loose window. Their only hope is now Mina.

"I'm going to help you keep them away." Tzuyu takes a heavy breath and puts a hand on her shoulder.

Jeongyeon and the other girls make a protective circle around Sana and Mina as they try various combinations on the door.

Nayeon barely has a chance to thank Tzuyu when a bloody hand pushes her to the ground. Her shoulder and arms burn as they crash into the tiled floor of the porch.

She rolls around in one swift moment and the zombie pouncing on her misses her neck and crashes to the floor instead.

Maybe it's the adrenaline rushing through her, she immediately gets back up again on her feet, bat gripped tightly in her hands.

She lands a heavy boot on his head and smashes his head in.

"Maybe we should try her birthday and month." Mina's brows furrow as she wipes away the sweat on them with the back of her hand. Behind her, she hears Nayeon grunting and panting as she takes on the cold bodied creepers.

Sana rolls her eyes. "My family isn't stupid. We don't make obvious passcodes."

Mina tries another four digit combination with shaking hands.

Nayeon grabs another undead as he tries to make his way towards the girls and kicks him in between his legs.

"Ouch, that must have hurt." Momo says sympathetically when the zombie lets out a pain-filled growl and covers his crotch with his hand.

"Nayeonnie, dodge." Tzuyu yells and strikes a creeper behind Nayeon right between the eyes.

When two lurkers surround Tzuyu, she spins on her feet, elbowing one in the neck and letting out a satisfied grin when she hears the crack in his bone. Her feet land on the zombie's leg to the left, a sickening sound resounding as his thin legs break upon impact.

"We can't keep them away much longer." Tzuyu shouts to the girls working on the code.

"Try 2472." Sana instructs.

Mina quirks a questioning brow.

"2 is her favourite number. 4 is my lucky number. 7 is my mother's lucky number." Sana explains.

"What about the other 2?"

Sana gasps in indignation. "Hey, she's allowed to use her lucky number twice."

Nayeon looks at the four zombies around her, the scent of inflected flesh even more strong than usual because they're so close, she hardly has time to process how she's going to get out of this because a pair of livid eyes have focused on her, and strong, bleeding arms are grasping for her.

She slides under his arm, twisting it as she goes past the undead and stomps down on the foot of another one behind him. She slings her bat right across one creeper's head and comes to a dead stop in front of a tall lurker who looks really mad.

He lets out a guttural growl, bares his bloody teeth and reaches for her neck. She puts both hands on his either side of his ears and punches them in, dodging when blood from his mouth splatters.

Tzuyu and Nayeon's eyes meet thick with fear when a vicious growl resounds from the rest of the undead, even more angrier than before at the pair of them.

"Oh, I know. Try 3179." Sana claps excitedly.

"Why?" Mina asks in a wary tone.

"3 is the first digit on her phone number, 1 is the first digit on my-"

Mina cuts her off. "What's your aunt's birthday?"

Another vicious growl resounds from the undead, and Mina freezes in her spot as realization hits her. Nayeon is in the middle of the scuffle. She wills her trembling hands back to movement.

A smaller zombie jumps on Nayeon and stumbles backwards several steps with a well placed kick to the underside of its jaw.

"2909." Sana mutters under her breath.

The door clicks open.

Mina is only dimly aware of the girls scurrying inside the house as she looks at Nayeon who is grappling a strong undead and Tzuyu staring at the other ones approaching them with wide eyes because she has run out of arrows.

"Get in here." Mina hears Jeongyeon shout at the pair.

Jeongyeon then turns to Mina. "Get inside, what are you still doing here?"

Mina is too stunned to undertake any action, because Nayeon is now thrown on the floor and is squashed under a hefty zombie's weight.

Tzuyu makes it to the door and watches with startled eyes as the Zombie grouches down to Nayeon, ready to rip her throat off.

Nayeon is not ready to die today. Because Mina is at the door, her eyes round and wide, blonde hair caressing her rosy skin, chests heaving in the confines of her tight top.

"I'm not dying without tapping that you motherufcker." She groans and proceeds to plunge two sharp fingers into his eyes.

Mina watches from the doorstep as Nayeon kicks his dead weight away from her lithe body, picks herself off the floor and smashes his head with the bat in her hands, all the while keeping those dark eyes locked into hers in an intense stare.

The girls release a collective sigh of relief when Tzuyu, Jeongyeon, Mina and Nayeon make it inside the house.

The zombies loitering outside the door growl angrily.

After a while, Dahyun turns to Sana and gives her a wide grin. "Turns out your family is really stu-"

Sana elbows her in the ribs. "Don't you dare finish it."