Chapter 1: Morning Run

Up in the hills of Sapphire Grove, a Latina girl named Esmeralda was taking a 3 am morning walk when she decided to take a break on a hill slope. Her family lived in a two story house on top of a small peak so she sometimes takes breaks outside to watch the stars and clouds. However a strange thing happened to her on this day. She fell asleep when all of a sudden a dark shadowy creature creeped up behind her.

A deep voiced echoed. "You will make an excellent minion." The monster was very strange looking. It stood on two feet, had one face behind its head and one on front, and it was covered entirely in dark blue armor. It also had a strange thing dangling from its neck. The creature pulled out a sword gun from its scabbard and aimed it at Es, but before she was hit, she rolled out of the way and immediately got up.

Although she never backs down from a fight, she knew she was defenseless against a monster with a sword for a gun. So she decided to run. The monster chased after her, trying to wear her out. She knew she couldn't run forever so she snapped two branches off of a tree and decided to lead the monster into a cave and fight.

Es knew her way through the cave systems but since it was still early in the morning, it was darker than normal so her chances of getting lost are higher than her. Her plan was to lead the monster into a dead end and corner it, however her plan backfired and she became cornered.

She was backed up against a wall when out of nowhere, a weird object on the wall started glowing red. The monster saw and tried to grab it, but Es grabbed it first and kicked the monster to the floor.

After grabbing the mysterious object, its glow became brighter upon contact. The red glow painted the walls of the cave until it reached the entrance. The glow was so bright, it could be seen from space. Her body soon began glowing red as well.

Es's sticks immediately turned into daggers, but in the shape of fangs. She knew she didn't have much time so she ran out of the cave and climbed on top of it to hide from the monster.

Three minutes have passed and the strange being finally came out of the cave. Like the dumb creature it is, it didn't bother to check above the cave to search for the girl and returned back to the hill slope they were previously at.

It escaped in a transport pod and Es's daggers soon disappeared. A weird communication device appeared on her waist, and she later examined the suspicious object she got from the cave. She realized that it was a tooth, a fang to be exact. She's not very knowledgeable about ancient history so she headed home to ask her parents about it.

Es's parents are archaeologists, so they had a lot of knowledge on ancient history. She came home, out of breath and saw that her parents were in the garage examining items sent from Peru. "Oh hey kiddo. Enjoyed your run?" Her dad asked. Esmeralda handed her dad the tooth saying "I found this in the cave near my morning walk route and I want to know what it is exactly."

Her dad looked at the tooth she was holding. Surprised, he looked to the girl and took the tooth from her hands. "Es, this isn't any ordinary tooth. This is a tooth from the Amaru dragon. From Incan mythology!"

Es looked at him in shock, she had been in that cave dozens of times but not once noticed the tooth was there. In fact she had no idea that a mythological dragon had existed and lived there in the first place.

"Es honey, if you want to know more about the Amaru dragon, I suggest taking your bike to the mythology museum downtown," her mom told the young teen. Esmeralda agreed to the idea, so she packed up her backpack and kissed her parents goodbye. She hopped onto her red bike and rode down to the Deuterium Museum of Mythology.